16: Embrace your feelings

~One day before the party and Donghyuck's birthday~

"Class! Before I start today's lesson, I just want to give you a quick heads up about your new classmate who will be here next week, please be nice to him" their professor said as all of the students were already whispering to their seatmates.

"It's a he..." Jaemin whispered to Donghyuck who didn't seem to care but just nodded, "aren't you excited?" he asked.

Donghyuck tssted, "No, Jaemin." he replied, "I'm not interested nor excited and plus...guy is probably not good looking" he said and brushed his hair to the side.

"Is it just me or do you smell like you came out of Ikea?" Jaemin asked, sniffing Donghyuck's honey perfume.

Donghyuck held his laughter and looked at Jaemin, battling his eyelashes.

"And why do you look like you came out of build a bear?" He asked, seeing Donghyuck all groomed and all.

He has never seen Donghyuck like this at all, the Donghyuck he knows would just put on chapstick going to school and that's it; the Donghyuck he knows wouldn't wear to extra for a regular school day and of course, the Donghyuck he knows isn't as smelly as a garden filled with lavender detergent not a shrub.

This Donghyuck right now is different, his lips were pink and plumpy, he has mascara and a little bit of orange eyeshadow on, his clothes were extra...cute, the blue hoodie that he didn't know Donghyuck had was too big, and those jodhpur boots...this isn't Donghyuck, this is Donghyuck 2.0

"Care to tell me why your eyelashes look like they played bendy and the ink machine?" Jaemin asked, pulling some of the dry mascara off of the tanned male's eyelashes.

"Do I look bad?" Donghyuck asked, a little scared.

"What? No, you look absolutely gorgeous but...why?" He asks, he knows that Donghyuck did ask for tips last night but neither of what he offered could be shown right now, all he can see is Donghyuck trying to make Mark not like him at all.

"I- I just want to try something new, maybe this new thing i'm doing can...catch...Mark's attention..." Donghyuck said and faced the front.

Jaemin heavily sighed, "lord god, please take me away when Donghyuck gets embarrassed later at lunch break"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It is finally lunch break and Donghyuck is sitting all alone at one table, waiting for Jaemin (or Mark) to arrive.

Today was different, yes.

But it's a good type of different, right?

He wanted to impress Mark...he doesn't know what's got into him but all he knows is that he embraced the feeling of having a crush on a guy named Mark Lee.

Of course he still knows that this is a pretend relationship and all but...how about he turns the table? How about trying something that he knows is very risky? But he truly believes that he does have a chance.

He made sure his hair was fluffed and his makeup was pretty, his best attire was activated and his sweet looks showing just absolutely great. He sprayed his honey and peaches perfume again...that kind Mark liked when he sniffed it from his neck.

Waiting for minutes, he sat there and soon felt someone sit right beside him, his small smile brightening up the younger's day. "Hey" he greeted, wrapping his arms around Donghyuck.

"Hey, what happened earlier? You didn't greet me good morning at the hallways" Donghyuck asked, watching Mark shrug.

"Oh uhm, something happened" Mark answers shyly, looking down at his pants and then back at the younger.

'He likes me...' Donghyuck thought.

(A:N that's it, i'm punching :D)

Mark looked around the cafeteria and spotted Mina, giving her a small smile before looking back at Donghyuck.

"Can I take you on a date tonight?" Mark asked as Donghyuck's cheeks turned red.

"Sure...what are we gonna do?" He asked.

"We can do whatever you want, it's your choice baby" Mark whispered as he pushed a strand of hair that was covering Donghyuck's features.

Mark was looking around, focusing on someone...you already know who.

"Listen, I have to go, I'll see you later" Mark said and walked off, leaving Donghyuck unsatisfied.

Coming back to their table with his tray and Jeno by his side, the 'soon to be couple' looked at Mark who was walking towards the exit of the cafeteria, they both looked at each other first and then at Donghyuck who was sad.

"What happened?" Jaemin asked, putting down his tray on the table.

"He...left," Donghyuck said, "he said he'll see me later," he added.

Both Jeno and Jaemin looked at each other, already sensing something doesn't feel right.

Jeno tapped Donghyuck's hand, "Are you okay?" he asked.

Coming back from his dimension filled with a thousand questions, Donghyuck nodded his head, "yeah, i'm fine" was all he said and forced out a smile before biting into his burger.

Jaemin looked nervously at Jeno as the older did the same, Jaemin just told Jeno about this news containing Donghyuck's growing feelings for Mark and how he wants to express it. Jeno was shocked but he couldn't do anything because he can't control someone from liking their crush, but he did feel uncomfortable especially when he came back home last night spotting Mina right in front of Mark's house, wearing a lace dress and thigh high boots. He didn't want to share that to Donghyuck because the boy might feel heartbroken or something but he did say it to jaemin which made the boy go all furious.

Something is just so not right and he knows this is gonna end badly, mostly for Donghyuck.

It's almost the party and y'all...i'm so sorry in advance. ;-;