24: NOMIN

Anyone else feel tired after waking up? cuz I do

Happily skipping while humming as he enters the bathroom, the happy boy entered the stall and peed. As he went out of the stall, he looked up seeing a male figure leaning on a wall with his arms crossed, head low.

Not minding him, Jaemin cleared his throat and headed to the sink to wash his hands, completely ignoring Jeno's presence.

"Jaemin..." he called, "did you like it?" he asked, his voice so soft and gentle.

Scrunching his face, Jaemin had his eyes on the flowing water while he washes his hands, asking, "did I like what?"

"The ones that Donghyuck gave you, I left it at your room early in the morning...I still know where you guys put the spare key" he said and chuckled at the last part, remembering that the key is just under the mattress.

"I haven't tried it but thanks" he said, trying so hard not to look at Jeno.

"I'm sorry...for everything" Jeno whispered as Jaemin shook his head, keeping himself from crying, not wanting to remember last friday.

"I'm sorry it took me long to tell you about my past relationship," he added, his tears burning behind his own eyes.

Jeno has not been feeling himself ever since friday, he came home after the whole thing, entirely becoming a chaotic mess inside his room. For the whole weekend, he spent his nights crying and remembering all his times with Jaemin. Wanting to get back to him and apologize or fix things up but he knows that the boy wanted some time alone. He wanted to message or call him if he was okay or not, explain properly, try to win Jaemin back again, come back to being the normal courter of the boy but no... he couldn't do that.

Giving up, Jaemin heaved a big sigh and didn't waste this chance to hug him, his face buried in his chest as Jeno held him close. Both boys felt calm as they breathed on each other's cologne, the sweet strawberry scent of Jaemin and the strong wood pine cologne of Jeno, lingered in both of their noses.

"Do you really have a girlfriend?" Jaemin asked, hearing Jeno scoff.

"I really don't...and if I did have then you wouldn't see me holding your hands everyday around campus" he answered, rubbing the boy's back as he tried to hold him closer.

"Did you ever think about giving up on me? Or even thinking about having a girlfriend instead of me?"

"No. Never. I didn't, I don't know why Jaemin...but you are the only one that's in my mind every single day and night, I love you" Jeno confessed, Jaemin's heart pounding.

"But Jeno...I don't think I can easily accept you after all of those-"

"You don't have to accept me easily, if you want me to give you space, I can. I'll stop bothering you in the mornings or at lunch, I'll give you the amount of space and time you deserve." Jeno said softly and painfully, his chest aching as he sobbed a little.

He let go of Jaemin, looking at his swollen eyes. He leaned in, placing a soft and firm kiss on the boy's forehead, forcing a smile before walking away, his head hanging low.

Jaemin looked at him leaving the bathroom, feeling his heart ache.

He did feel free but it hurts because he wanted him...he always did, but maybe now he really deserves all the space and freedom to think about his decision very well and to recover from all those fake news.

This chapter is short but... ;-;