30: The truth

took me some time to upload cuz Wattpad is not being a good bestie rn 🙄👍

“Jaemin...how about you go ahead, I remember I have to do something” Donghyuck lied, he was going to cheer for Sungchan’s audition. 

tilting his head, Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows and asked in curiosity, “uhm, sure...you going to the try-outs to watch Sungchan?”

Donghyuck shyly nodded, “I want to see how good he is” 

Jaemin cooed at how cute his best friend looked right now,  “okay whatever, just don’t come home late, alright?” 

The tanned male nodded and ran back to campus.

Jaemin watched him from afar and smiled, “cute.” he sighed, “when will i ever- woah! sorry!” the strawberry haired boy fell down to his butt and looked up. He couldn’t see much of the person due to the sun blocking his face. He squinted his eyes till the figure bent down. 

Noticing the familiar male, Jaemin looked at him in the eyes with his lips slightly parted, “uhm I-I’m sorry” he stuttered. 

Jeno smiled and offered a hand to get him back to his feet, “it’s okay, I was at fault...I didn’t see you awhile ago”

The boy just nodded and stood up, “a-are you going...home?” Jaemin asked, shyly. 

The asked male nodded and clutched his class and training bag, “yeah, I guess...I have to leave now” he said and waved goodbye to Jaemin. 

“wait!” Jaemin shouted in a whisper.

Can we walk home together?”

Happily skipping while humming a random song, Donghyuck is on his way to the field, about to cheer for Sungchan. his new friend. He thought  of ways on how to cheer, should it be like how cheerleaders do it? he chuckled at that thought, should it be like how partners do it? eew no. or should he just go what his voice and movement tell him to do? yup, he likes that idea. 

Taking a turn to another corridor, Donghyuck stopped his tracks when Yuqi appeared in front of him. Both were shocked to see each other till the girl asked.

“Wait huh? how is your pretty face not yet destroyed?” 

Donghyuck was taken aback by the question, was she talking about his pretty face? Was the question meant for him?

“I’m sorry?” he asked, stepping closer. 

Yuqi’s disgusted expression shifted into a happy one, “Oh wait, no...sorry I wasn’t talking about you, wrong person” she said and bowed, “See you tomorrow” the tone of her flirty voice echoed across the corridor as she left the tanned male there.