23: Talk

It looked like time stopped for Sungchan and Donghyuck, they were looking at each other's eyes deeply with their lips halfly parted. Donghyuck's eyes showed the entire galaxy and stars, each one shining in elegance every time Sungchan would stare at it more, all of what the tanned male sees in Sungchan's eyes were the same...he didn't see any of this from Mark's at all, Mark's eyes were just blank, an empty void, just endless nothingness but for Sungchan, it was different.

The taller showed a small smile before blinking a couple of times, coughing so that they both could come back to reality. Sungchan came back on finishing his food and to also stop that strong pounding in his chest while Donghyuck, he crumpled the tissue paper and placed it on his tray, fixing himself as he waited for the other to finish.

Minding his own business, Sungchan accidentally dropped his phone causing Donghyuck to flinch in surprise, he quickly helped by grabbing it on the floor but only to get stopped when the taller's cold fingers touched his hand causing electricity to run down his spine.

Chuckling nervously, Donghyuck scratched his nape and looked elsewhere, "yeah, y-you know what you g-got it"

Did he just stutter?

Biting his lips, Donghyuck was interrupted when a male figure appeared in front of them. Slowly looking up, Sungchan recognized who the guy is and to be honest the stare he is giving him and Donghyuck is making him uneasy. Mark glared at Sungchan but softened when he met eyes with the tanned male.

"Hey...can we talk?" he said, lowly.

"About what?" Donghyuck asked, cold. He was trying not to look pissed in front of Sungchan because he didn't want the guy to know about his past 'relationship' with Mark.

"About something, please let's talk" Mark pleaded, holding his hand gently.

He missed this already, feeling the soft hands of Donghyuck in his. He didn't want to let go yet but the younger had already pulled out. Giving him a quick glare before turning to Sungchan.

"I'm gonna come back, this is just going to-"

"Oh no, it's fine actually. Do you want me to take your bag to class?" Sungchan offered, he was already done eating, he just needs to drink his juice now.

Donghyuck shook his head, "No, it's fine, it'll be quick" he said and smiled at him.

"No really I insist, I bet it won't be a quick talk...let me" Sungchan said and got Donghyuck's bag and placed it beside him.

When he got the bag from Donghyuck, the younger felt a skip of heartbeat when he did it. Sungchan is such a gentleman, might even say boyfriend material...

Watching all of this unfold in front of his eyes, Mark's blood boiled seeing Sungchan act like a boyfriend towards the tanned male. Each and every time Donghyuck stares at Sungchan like he has fallen for him already makes Mark want to beat the shit out of Sungchan. He is not supposed to feel these types of things but hell...it is so hard to avoid.

"Let's go" Without even letting Donghyuck say bye to the taller, he was pulled by Mark on the wrist as he got dragged out of the cafeteria.

Donghyuck tried to wave at Sungchan for the last time but he couldn't help but to yelp and endure the pain of how tight the older is holding his wrist. They both ended up at some hallway where it was empty and dark.

"Let me go, Mark" Donghyuck whined, trying to yank away his arm but couldn't, "Mark, it hurts, stop"

Freeing his wrist, Mark made him lean against a wall, immediately trapping him with his arms on the side, their faces inches closer as Mark's eyes scanned his face.

"Who was he?"

"He?" Donghyuck tilted his head, his eyebrows furrowed.

"The guy you've been flirting with" Mark raised a brow, trying so hard not to show his jealousy.

"If you would have come to class earlier than you would've known his name and by the way, fuck you. I'm not flirting with him" Donghyuck crossed his arms and looked anywhere but not Mark's deadly glare.

Sighing, "I dragged you here because...I... wanna talk about us" the older said, not caring if Donghyuck will agree or disagree. He needs to fix his status with the younger, he can't live without actually making Donghyuck talk or be comfortable towards him. He doesn't want to lose him.

"Mark, there is no us. How about you go back to-" The younger was interrupted when Mark punched the wall, his knuckles aching from the strong impact. He looked down and tried not to show his glossy eyes to Donghyuck.

"I-I'm...sorry" he said, not being able to talk straight. (lmfao)

Donghyuck just stared at his black hair, not knowing what to say. Why is he even soft right now? Why does he feel the need to forgive Mark? Fuck it, there is no time to act weak.

"And what makes you think that you'll earn my forgiveness?" he asked, his face showed a hint of sassiness.

Mark tensed up, he knows this isn't going to be easy now, knowing Donghyuck's anger towards him...he knows he is still pissed at him. Puffing out air, he rocked his foot a bit and then looked up, "I'm sorry" sorry for hurting him, sorry that he had to hear all of those and sorry because he didn't mean what he said back at the party, that is what he is sorry about.

"I don't care anymore...Mark, I don't care how many sorrys you'll say to me but you won't get my forgiveness not after what you did to me AND Jaemin and Jeno's relationship...I don't think we can ever go back to being friends actually, might as well stick to your original plan, going back as strangers? Am I right?" Donghyuck said, his tone had a bit of anger as he formed his fists, trying so hard not to show a single tear drop from his eyes.

"We can't do that, Donghyuck..." Mark mumbled, "we can't come back as strangers..." Mark shifted his gaze to his eyes, "I'm sorry"

"Mark, we can actually" Donghyuck said, "as long as you don't fucking go near me or even fucking check on me from time to time then it won't be hard for us to be back to being a nobody to each other." he hissed and pushed Mark away.

"Goodbye, Mark"

Okay so uhm, after I'm done with this story...I actually have two Markhyuck stories coming, one is like an arranged marriage but is set on the medieval side or like the fantasy world while the other story is about Mark from the 6th century (king arthur shit) being sent to our timeline which is the 21st century as a punishment, but while he stays in our timeline he eventually meets Donghyuck and decides to stay with him instead...idk but am still fixing the second story tho lmfao, but I hope you're liking this book so far. 

Oh yeah andddd Nomin chapter is next for all the ones who is rooting for them~! <3