Megumi Fushiguro . 🌸 "Love"

Welcome back my fellow friends! Here is some lovely safe for work fluff for your pleasure, I hope that you enjoy! ❤️

———————

Your first relationship, and what you hoped would be your only relationship, was with none other than Megumi Fushiguro.

Maybe the way it happened just was what you would consider perfect. As you had become a first year at Jujutsu high, of course you ran into the second years eventually. Yuuji and Nobara were especially energetic, but you seemed to always drift more towards the taller dark-haired boy who only quietly hung around them. Though stoic, he was still kind in the few times you had talked to him back then; and reserved.

Even after dating him for four months he was still reserved. His tame personality mixed with his desire to not overshare his thoughts sometimes made it hard to learn more about him. But even at that, Fushiguro always tried to make an effort with you, and if you ever asked him a personal question you would notice how he would glance away while he contemplated how to answer. You would always say "it's okay, you don't have to answer if you don't want to!", waving your hand dismissively at the thought, but he would always instantly come back saying that was not what he meant at all, just that he was nervous because he was never good at sharing stuff about his personal life with someone.

.

"How was the mission yesterday? I see you have a bit of a scar on your face; I hope you are feeling okay." You had asked, placing the napkin for the restaurant down on your lap neatly as he took a sip from his water.

"It was okay, I'm feeling okay." He mentioned, placing the glass back down before nervously placing his hand behind his head, scratching the back of his neck. "I guess I was kinda scared in the moment though. Another unregistered special grade, and it is already bad enough knowing a couple of my shikigami are gone..."

You felt your eyebrows dip in sorrow, in pure worry for your boyfriend. Of course, the last thing you would ever want was to come back from a mission and hear that he had been seriously injured or even worse, killed. But you tried to shake the thought away as you flashed him a warm smile. "Well, I'm glad you're okay. You know I care about you a lot, right?"

He had nodded, seeming to appreciate the kind reassurance that you offered. "I know."
.

Later that day, after hanging out for most of the afternoon, you and Megumi were making your way back to the dorms as the sun set on your walk.

You felt the cool breeze tug at you as the quiet silence of peace circled around. That was until a voice interrupted.

"You know, y/n, I feel like it is really hard for me to open up to people." It was Megumi, who kept his gaze on the ground as his hands were stuffed in his pockets. You looked up at him curiously, your eyebrows raising. "But with you, it's just different."

Yet again for a brief moment silence hung in the air. Fushiguro had said what was on his mind, and now your thoughts were racing. You knew for a fact that it was rare for him to bring up his own weaknesses to you, and it warmed your heart to see him doing it.

"Being reserved isn't a bad thing, Megumi." You smiled warmly, reaching your hand out to grasp his as you both continued walking. "I like you for who you are, and you can tell me whatever you feel like you are comfortable with."

Now the silence was filled with tension, the slight swing of your arms being the only action that seemed to calm the storm.

He had grunted in agreement, but you noticed his gaze looking up to face yours. "I want to be able to tell you everything, y/n. I really, really do. And I will, I promise. There's just one thing that I think I'm too..."

He had trailed off on his words, causing you to look up at him as if you were waiting for him to finish his statement. But the only glimpse that you caught was him looking at the ground with a heavy blush spread across his cheeks, as if he was some middle schooler admitting to a crush that he liked them.

"You can tell me anything, Megumi." You stated calmly.

"Okay, just hear me out." He sighed, tightening his grip on your hand before swallowing the saliva in his mouth. "You're extremely sweet, and all I can ever really think about if how someone like me doesn't deserve someone like you."

The words caused a tear in your heart ad you walked, but you tried you best to keep your mouth shut as your gaze fell back to the ground.

"But you know what? I've never had anyone stick around that actually cares this much, or helps me out all the time the way you do. I don't think anyone in my life ever gave a real shit about me, and even when I first met you I was still doubtful of it. But every time I wonder 'does she actually care?' you just come back and prove my thoughts wrong."

He paused for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing. "This feeling, y/n, I think it's love. And I think it feels so weird because I've never experienced it like this, but you deserve to know."

For a moment you were both enjoying a second of silence, you in shock while Megumi pursed his lips, nearly regretting his confession.

"Oh, Megumi..." You sighed in relief, your face beaming brightly as you turned to him. "It's okay, it feels weird now but I promise we will figure it out together. Because I know I love you too."

You leaned over, pressing a light kiss on his cheek as the two of you continued to walk back to the school in the sunset.