What To Do

<<Pepper>>
Delilah falls asleep again, and we all leave her room. We make our way back to the living room where we meet Tony and the others.

"How's she doing?" Tony asks.

Bruce answers.

"Physically, she'll be fine, but it's the mental and emotional injuries that I'm worried about."

Everyone sits in silence.

"I didn't mean to frighten the young midguard," Thor says. "I didn't see her when I walked in."

"It's okay, Thor," I say. "You didn't know."

"Okay, how are we going to help her?" Steve asks.

Tony jumps in.

"I've called Nancy and we've been talking with CPS, and it would be possible for one of us to become her legal guardian. The CPS worker that we talked to is familiar with Delilah's case, and definitely wants her to feel and be as protected as possible."

"Unless anyone has renewed or obtained a foster licence, I'm pretty sure Tony and I are the only ones that still have an open one," I say. "It would be easiest and quickest for us to become her legal guardians."

Everyone agrees, and I'm about to ask Friday about Delilah's status when we hear a loud noise come from the direction of Delilah's room. I can't hear her make any noise, but something else definitely is.

<<Tony>>
We all immediately go to Delilah's room, and the only person we see is that son of a bitch Loki.

"The hell are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was not aware that a Midguard was in this room," he says.

"Brother, you better have a very good reason for this, or you are going to regret every decision you've ever made," Thor threatens.

"Well, if you must know, I was coming to retrieve you, brother, for the party on Asgard, but it seems as though I have intruded, so I will just be going."

Pepper and Natasha are trying to find Delilah in the room, but I can't see her anywhere.

"No," Cap says. "You're not going anywhere until we find her and make sure she's okay. Do you know where she went?"

Loki doesn't answer, but he motions to under the bed. Romanoff checks, and turns to give us a nod.

"Okay," I say. "We will all go back into the living room and leave you guys to deal with this situation. Let is know if you need anything."

<<Pepper>>
After everyone leaves, Nat and I sit near the bed.

"Hey sweetheart, could you come out for me please. Only Nat and I are in the room right now. I promise no one is going to hurt you."

I put my hand out so she can see it, and I watch her slowly crawl out. I open myself up, and she sits right next to me. I wrap my arms around her and stroke her hair. I can feel her trembling as Nat gets her a glass of water.

She slowly sits up to take the cup, bit she can barely hold it from how much she is shaking.

I rub her back.

"It's okay, sweetheart. We're here for you. We've got you."

She sets the cup on the ground and brings her knees up to her chest, making her seem so tiny she could almost disappear.

"Is there anything we can get you, kiddo?" Nat asks.

Delilah shakes her head without looking up. I put my hand on her forehead, and sure enough, she still has a fever.