Oops

<<Delilah>>
School is school. I just want to be done so that I can start my internship. I'm just waiting in last period for the bell to ring so I can leave. I can feel a headache starting, and I hope that it doesn't get too bad. I don't want to make a bad impression on anyone on my first day. You could say that it is hard to focus, but I really don't need that much focus to understand what the teachers are teaching. All of it is pretty easy.

The last bell rings and I walk to my locker. I don't have any run ins with Henry at school, so that's good. As I'm leaving, I realize that I am supposed to be picked up in a car, but I don't know who is supposed to be driving. I look down the line of cars, hoping to see one that doesn't fit. Unfortunately, I can't tell. I start walking down the line, hoping someone knows who I am.

"Are you Delilah?" I hear while I'm walking

I turn around. "Who's asking?"

He responds, "I'm Happy. I'm here to take you to Stark Industries for the internship."

I nod and get in the car. Nothing feels out of place, but I still feel really nervous. I hope I didn't come off as rude. What if he got the wrong impression? Would he tell someone? Would I get in trouble?

"I'm sorry for questioning you. I wasn't told what to look for," I say.

"No problem. Just want to make sure you get there safely," Mr. Happy responds.

We are silent for the rest of the car ride. When we arrive, Mr. Happy drops me off at the front of the building and goes to park the car. I quickly text Ms. Nancy before going inside. There are two women sitting at the front desk, and I go up to them. I'm not sure what to say, but I hope I don't screw it up.

"Hello, my name is Delilah. I'm here for the internship," I say.

One of the ladies looks up. "Hi, I'm Grace and this is Kayla. I'll get you set up and let Mr. Stark know you're here."

I freeze. "M-Mr. Stark? As in the head of the company?"

"Yes, honey. You will be working with him as a personal assistant," Ms. Grace tells me.

"A personal assistant? What if I mess up? What if he doesn't like me? I thought that I would be doing something small like getting coffee. Sorry. I'm extremely grateful for this opportunity. Thank you," I say, trying to stop myself from rambling too much.

Ms. Kayla chimes in saying, "You'll be just fine. You were chosen for a reason. Just do what he asks and you'll be perfect. I've seen your application. It's quite impressive. Don't worry."

Hearing those words really helps. Ms. Grace gets me all of the security things that I need for the building and I wait with them for Mr. Stark. The Tony Stark. I hope I don't mess this up. I know that he works with a lot of expensive things, and the last thing I want to do is mess something up. My headache starts getting worse as I am waiting, and I only can hope that I don't get really lightheaded on my first day.

After a few minutes, the elevator opens and out walks Mr. Stark. I try to stay calm, but my nerves overwhelm me. He comes up to the front desk and sticks out his hand. I shake it, then he smiles.

"Welcome to SI. Follow me, I'll give you a quick tour of where you'll be working," he says.

I quickly thank Ms. Grace and Ms. Kayla, then follow Mr. Stark. He takes me into the elevator, and I notice that it doesn't have any buttons. Mr. Stark says a floor number, the door closes, and we start moving. Elevators aren't my thing, so I stay close to the wall. I always feel like I'm going to get stuck in one, and that's going to be the end of me. This elevator also moves faster than any elevator that I have ever been in, so that just makes me more nervous.