十八 ;じゅうはち| akutagawa ryuunosuke

pov ; 

as a member of the port mafia, you were known well. the sharp tongue you had had continuously gotten you into trouble with higher executives, but you always finished the job. always. until the one day, you didnt.

you werent after the ADA like it normally was, the plan had changed last minute. Mori spoke through your earpiece calmly, "what are your co-ordinates, l/n?"

you collapsed behind a broken chunk of debris that had crashed down from the building above. gulping in air, you caught your breath. the clothes you had worn were dirtied and torn, even fractions of your sleeves burnt off. 

the ability user was definitely talented. you shouldve had no problem with the ability you had obtained. shouldve.

the battle had begun in your favour, just like all of them did. your ability was easy, manipulation. it allowed you to toy with the other mind, bend them to your will. but you couldnt only rely on that. countless days and nights were spent training, your higher up, Chuuya, was harsh on you. 

His constant yelling and jumping when you had missed a target. 

But something kept you training, at those ungodly hours. The way you had drained your skin of colour and stumbled back into your room at 3 in the morning. It wasnt all for nothing and you knew that.

You stayed and trained, over and over again. Sleep, wake up, eat, train, train, train, repeat. If you were honest with yourself, you hadnt put up with Chuuya just because he was cool, but because there was always another presence lurking behind him. 

Akutagawa Ryuunosuke. He was Chuuya's underling and never spoke a word to you. neither of you made a move to talk, there was always some sort of comfortable silence between the both of you.

 You were so confident in your abilities, that you were cocky. You had assumed that they would never fail you, until the moment you got shot.

you knew that your brain sent a signal to the opponent. they were supposed to ignore the trigger on the gun. but it hadnt worked. the bullet pierced your flesh, and a cry left your mouth. 

Your shoulder jerked back, as you scrambled to find something to hide behind. 

"Mori-san" You panted, unable to reply properly, he sighed on the other end, "i'll send someone."he replies as the line goes dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

his footsteps were coming closer. you sucked a breath in and kept as still as you could. this was it you were sure to die. you closed your eyes. you wanted someone to come and get you. you didnt know who. so you mentally threw a coin, because when you flip a coin and its midair, you finally realize who you want it to be.

"what the fuck!?" you whisper-yelled as a hand slapped you straight across the face, you clutched your cheeks, before the person pressed their lips to yours hungrily.

"mmph!" your eyes widened as you kissed back, you stared back at the one and only person you wanted it to be, akutagawa. his hands hurriedly ripped your cloak off, throwing it to the side as fast as he could.

his voice lowered as the kiss disconnected, he tore the fabric and tied it around your shoulder, making you wince. you sucked in air through your teeth as blood soaked it within seconds.

"i know you're in pain right now, y/n, but im going to need you to trust me" he whispers, fingers slipping beneath your thighs, and back, lifting you up.

you couldnt think straight, adrenaline pumped through your veins like nothing before. akutagawa proceeds to place you standing up, arms supporting your waist. 

whoever you were fighting got closer, their small laughs and breaths echoing through the battlefield. he was getting closer and your powers still werent working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

black flashes clouded your vision, you didnt know what was happening but you knew for sure it was akutagawa. rashomon wrapped around your body, tightly tugging on your figure. it lit up, red and black. and so did your eyes.

your body connected with his ability and it sent waves of shock through you. it radiated through your bloodstream and filled you up. you were overflowing with this ability from akutagawa, as if it was hand made and tailored just for you.

akutagawa growled slightly from behind you, making sure you knew he was there, "dont let him make it out alive, you got me?"

you nodded as he stood beside you, eyes red with determination. you smirked, 

"got it"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was done, the battle was over and you were safe. rashomon undid itself from your body, re-wrapping its self onto akutagawa's cloak once more. he took it off and placed it around you tightly, looking the other direction, his face red.

unable to understand why he had turned pink you looked down, and your cheeks flared up within seconds. 

you were partially naked, your clothes were dissolved by rashomon and there was nothing but parts of your bra on your skin.

akutagawa, tied the string of the cloak around your waist and pressed his lips to your ear, breath hot against your neck, 

"you better run along now, if i stare at you any longer, i might not be able to control myself. and if anyone lays a finger on you, they'll have to answer to me."