三十二 ; さんじゆうに| junpei yoshino

anything in bold is japanese lmfao

modern au??!?!

pov ;

you casually walked past a couple apartments, just walking around, on your way back from school. it wasnt unusual for you to leave class early and just skip it, the school you went to was trash anyways. 

the students and the teachers both, it was rare enough to find people that didnt beat you up in the following 3 seconds of meeting you, and worst of all, you couldnt understand what they were saying to you. thats right, you couldnt speak japanese. at all.

all you could possibly pick up was the smallest things used in anime, but that was probably about it. you kicked at small pebbles on the sidewalk, pulling the tie you wore to loosely pool at you neck, unbuttoning your top.

it was getting seriously hot this time of year, and you needed some sort of relief. fast. your orbs landed on a small stall infront of a house, with an old man and....ice cream! you sprinted over to the man and bowed slightly, grinning.

unable to properly communicate with him, you mumbled out a couple words, "vanilla please!" you reddened out of embarrassment, as he smiled back. he handed one to you and you handed him money back, refusing to take the change he offered you.

plopping yourself and your beg beside you, you sat down on the sidewalk next to the house and licked the ice cream. it was good, probably too good, and ever since that day, you were a regular. consistently running to the stall, and picking out different flavours, which amused the old man, he taught you small phrases in japanese every time you picked one, grinning and quizzing you on them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"kon'nichiwa!" you yelled brightly, sprinting over to the old mad again. he ginned at you delightedly before asking which flavour you wanted. you graciously picked out mint chocolate chip this time, chirping out a small "arigat-"

you were cut off by a boys voice. he walked out of the house, wearing the same uniform as you, his brown hair covered his right eye and his hands in his pockets. you quickly shut up and continued to eat your ice cream, dropping yourself on the sidewalk like you usually do.

'damn' you internally thought, 'he's kinda pretty, no?-'

your thoughts were interrupted when the teenager coughed slightly, and held his hand out to you, offering to help you stand. raising a brow, to the flustered boy, you took his hand, standing up again, and to your surprise, he started speaking in japanese, fluently. 

"h-hi, im junpei...my mother asked if you wanted to stay for dinner? since you're always out here at this time..." he asked, shyly looking at the floor.

you reddened and looked at him, only picking up a couple words, "uhm, i dont understand what you're saying-"

he nods and gives you and embarrassed grin, "dinner? are you free?" he mumbles out, his accent still obvious.

you instantly blush, letting a small gasp escape your lips, "are you asking me out?" 

he matches your red face, waving his hands around, "no no! my mother asked.." he rubs his neck gently, "...so would you like to?" 

not wanting to be rude to the kind boy, you nodded and replied with a smile, "im y/n l/n, you can call me n/n though,"

the high school student could understand the bare minimum of the english language due to all the horror movies he used to watch. he gestured for you to follow him, holding the front door open for you. you follow him into the living room, where an older woman whom he resembles perfectly stands, cooking.