十匕 ; じゅうなな | fu yao

pov ;

you didn't like Fu Yao. in fact, you hated him, and he hated you too. the both of you had grow up with in the same village, taken under the wing of the same god and trained in the same arena. but there was an ongoing hate for the opposite person. 

since the both of you had finished completing your final training session, you split. and never looked back, or so you thought.

fu yao had continued to work as a deputy god, while you were brought to Ling Wen. she had appointed you to be the deputy god of the crown prince. and having nothing against him, you had easily agreed. 

Ling Wen was a sort of mother figure to you, she guided you swiftly thought all the obstacles you had faced and made sure that you learnt valuable lessons on the way.

but there was always a small restless voice in the back of your head, it longed to go back to the old days when you and fu yao used to have arguments on a daily. the constantly picking on the most petty things and refusing to acknowledge the other in a battle. it was your life back then.

that was, until the crow prince, Xie Lian had reported back to the headquarters, where you and Ling Wen were discussing different topics. You sat atop her table while she sat on the chair. 

A voice rang though the hallway, "Oh and Xie Lian, where's your deputy god, huh? I bet they're a coward! They didnt even bother to come along." the young mans voice teased, coming closer.

Your head whipped around as you lightly jumped off the table, glaring straight back at him.

"Fu Yao." you greeted, scoffing and looking the other way,

"y/n l/n." He snarled, rolling his eyes, "And what's a weakling like you doing here?"

you took a confident step forward and glared, "If you didnt know, im the deputy god here."

he broke out in a fit of laughter as your cheeks turned a light shade of pink, 

"you...you? a deputy god? dont make me laugh!" he snorted, clutching his stomach and placing a palm on a table to stable himself.

your ears tinged red with embarrassment and rage, you placed a hand out.

"since you're so confident that im a weakling, how about i challenge you to a fight?" you teased, beding down to look him right in the eye.

Fu Yao reached his hand out and roughly gripped yours, lowering his voice to barely above a whisper, 

"I hope you like the taste of losing."

'and i hope you like the taste of your own medicine."

Xie Lian bent down next to Ling Wen and laughed nervously, 

"is it just me or do they look like theyre fighting or flirting?" he asked as Ling Wen gave him a small amused expression.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ling Wen stood beside you, tying your hair up into a high ponytail, making sure none of your hair was in your face. She had the coldest fingertips ever, and you had to flinch every time they touched your skin as she tightened the uniform you wore. 

it was one of the old uniforms you had worn when training with fu yao. it had was black with red finishings on the sleeves and the bottom. it fit you just like it had in the old days, you breathed out lightly.

"is something the matter, y/n?" Ling Wen asked, tightening the string around your uniform, you shook your head and gave her a smile.

You stood up, sending yourself a wink in the mirror. Ling Wen laughed at this and walked out of the room, to the stands that surrounded the arena.