三十三 ; さんじゆうさん| hinakawa sho

pov ; 

tw | mentions of death and substance use

you groaned and slipped into division one's office, balancing a bunch of papers on your hip, and a dominator in your left hand. after the downfall of more than half of the investigators in the other divisions, division one needed alot of help to solve the case, for kirito kamui, and thus, you were swept away from the lab where you worked with Shion and into the office, with no one you knew.

 The only exception was Tsunemori, for she had come to see you on multiple occasions where you were needed to assist her whilst Karanomori was busy.

"ah, l/n-san, you're just in time," akane chirped from her desk, patting down her work skirt and proceeding to straighten her posture. the inspector stood up and bowed slightly,as you reflected her motions. 

"uhm, yeah, hi," you choked out. lets just say, you werent the type to speak out. sure you had confidence in your abilities, but that was honestly about it. your full on weakness was the fact that you had no idea how to talk to people, more less hold a conversation with an inspector.

"everyone," tsunemori stated, shifting her work shoes to face them correctly, "this is l/n, and she'll be working with out squad for the time being, i expect all of you to treat her with respect, regardless of the fact that she is a latent criminal like you."

your face flushed a sort or powder pink, rushing up to the tips of your ears. "mm, thank you, akane-chan," you mumbled, walking over to an unattended desk, the older man you knew as ginoza stifles a laugh, "akane-chan?" he mocks, not intending to make you mad.

you burn up again, instantly looking down in your lap, "shut up, grandpa" you mutter, sitting on the chair. you kick your foot to the side, twirling around in the chair to face the screen of your computer. a breathy sigh released itself from your throat, something that you had comfort in atleast. you did like having to run around and shoot people, but you were encouraged to have a dominator on you. why you might ask?

because the people of the bureau needed you, sure they had Shion, but you were advanced, decoding passwords to bank accounts and opening access required files was just like taking your first steps. it came natural to you, you didnt need to look at the keyboard when typing, you knew where everything was by heart. 

your hair was always infront of your face, never tied. your clothes were ruffled and always too big for your frame. you had taken a certain liking to living in comfort and it stayed that way. The rest of Division one awkwardly looked at each other and continued their work, but only one of them remained still. So perfectly still thzt he could've passed for a statue.

hinakawa bit his tongue to top his jaw from dropping. you stunned him the second you walked into the office. you aura was so intriguing to the man, he couldnt help but let his eyes trail over every feature on your body.he didnt want to seem like a creep or anything, so he kept his eyes to himself after you had sat down.

the red haired boy expected to turn to see Kunizaki beside him, but jerked himself backwards to face the screen when it turned out to be you. He was about to tap you on the shoulder, when you turned to him instead. 'hinakawa, right? tell me something, was the man at the mental care lock-in, wearing holo?"

the man looks up to meet your eyes, his pupil basically sparkling in your direction, "yes, he was...why'd you as-wait a second-"

as if small little light bulbs went on in both of your heads, your fingers were back onto the keyboard, typing at the speed of light, you traced back the holo's to children that died 5 years back. all from the same plane crash, your eyes widened looking at the 185 children, staff and adults that filled the screen.