21 - Esmé Shelby

"Silence! Good Afternoon class, my name is Mr Campbell. Your teacher Mrs Changretta finds themselves unable to teach so I will be filling in." An Irish accent says disturbing the post-lunchtime gossip of the classroom.

"Fuck" Charlotte groans to Isaiah. "What?" He whispers, "that's the fucking inspector" Charlotte says quietly back, ducking as a piece of chalk flies in her direction, "I said silence!" Campbell booms out making Charlie turn to glare at him.

"I'm not sure how your normal teacher does it but I am not them. I have rules, you will only speak when spoken to, you will do all work I assign, and no questions will be asked. Do I make myself clear." The Inspector speaks walking up and down between desks finishing in front of Charlottes desk.

"Yes Sir." The rest of the class reply. "I said.. do I make myself clear?" he repeats. "Yes." Charlotte replies, through gritted teeth, "yes.. sir." He corrects, "you don't have to call me sir, besides im female, it should be ma'am." Charlotte smirks, "stand up." He says roughly gripping her arm and dragging her to the front of class.

"Let her go" Isaiah yells standing, "shut up" the inspector says, "palms up." he instructs Charlotte who roles her eyes but complies, "let this serve as an example for anyone else who wishes to disrespect me." He speaks to the class, picking up a cane.

"I wouldn't do that sir." A voice squeaks, "and why not?" The Irishman speaks, "she-she's a Shelby." Another one says. "I don't care who her family are, she gets the same punishment as everyone else." he says smacking the cane against her palms, as she flinched slightly but made no noise.

"Fucking stop." Isaiah says standing up, "Z, leave it. It's fine, I'm fine. Leave it, alright?"Charlotte says standing in between him and the inspector, placing her hand against the mixed boys chest, who was currently trying to attack the old man.

"Isaiah, listen to me. Leave it." She said sharply. "Get out of my classroom!" The Inspector bellows, "fucking happily, but i swear on your life, i will cut you if i find out you touch her again." Isaiah threatens storming out and heading to the headmasters office, Mr Morris would stop this.

"Now, back to our example. You'll take 5 strokes from the cane, make a noise and it will double." The Inspector says attempting to intimidate her.

"Yes ma'am" Charlotte smirks, "that's a noise. 10 strokes." The Inspector says lashing the cane down on her palms, "was it? I couldn't tell." She speaks, "20 strokes." He grunts bringing the cane down on her hands.

"You're dick." Charlotte says venomously. "40 and for the undignified language I'm adding 10. 50." The Inspector says cracking the stick against her hands repeatedly 10 times before taking a small break, seeing she had an impassive face on, yet her hands were bright red.

Another 10. Her hands were starting to blister but still nothing, his eyes raked over the class who were silently watching the display.

Another 10. Her hands were bleeding, but he'd show no mercy. The Shelbys weren't invincible, he'd prove that.

"And what do you think you're doing?" A deep voice booms from the door, and Mr Morris is stood there a fuming Isaiah behind him.

"Teaching." Campbell replies, "this is not teaching, get out of my school, that's not how students are treated, come back and ill call the police." Morris threatens and Campbell chuckles leaving the class.