35 - Spotted Dog

"Hey Charlie" Ada greets, "Ada, why you waiting outside?" Charlie asks, kissing baby Karl's cheeks, "Polly isn't in." Ada tells her, and Charlie reaches into her pocket pulling out a bunch of keys.

"You've got a key?" Ada questions, "of course I have a key." Charlie rolls her eyes.

"Got a key to everyone's house. Yours, Arthurs, Johns, Pollys, Diego and Harrisons, got ones to the Garrison, the Chain, the boxing ring, Charlie's yard. Everything." Charlie tells her opening the door and letting her in.

"How is she?" Ada asks concerned, "she's- well she wasn't good, I was here at the time, she was in tears, absolutely fucking distraught." Charlie replies, "coffee and tea is on the side, alcohol top shelf, cot for Karl is over there." Charlie directs taking a seat on the sofa, whilst Ada places her sleeping son down in the bed.

"Where do you reckon she's gone?" Ada questions, "god only knows." Charlotte sighs.

"And how is Isaiah?" Ada inquires watching a bright blush spread across her younger sisters cheeks making her squeal and come sit next to her. "Spill. What happened?"

"I went round his yesterday." Charlie tells her.
"And did you- you know?" Ada says wiggling her eyebrows. "No- no. I'm still not ready for that." Charlie says, "but you did do something."Ada smirks.

"We did." Charlie blushes, "and?" Ada persists.

"You're really nosey." Charlie tells her, "Tell me. My baby sisters growing up." Ada says wiping a fake tear away. "It's embarrassing." Charlie exclaims.

"Alright. Hands?" Ada guesses and she nods. Then Ada lifts her hand up doing a movement with her fingers making Charlie burst out laughing. "So... how was it?" Ada inquires.

"I never knew anything could feel like that. It was amazing." Charlotte blushes and Ada gives her a hug. "He good?" Ada smirks, as Charlie nods her head a big grin on her face.

"I think the boys would faint if they heard this conversation" Ada laughs, "imagine what they'll be like on your wedding day"

"My wedding day? Ada you're thinking a bit far ahead." Charlie snorts, "how long have you two been together?" Ada asks, "around 8 months."

"Surely you've had some thoughts for the future." Ada states. "More like the next time we will get some time alone. Not weddings and babies, I don't have my whole life mapped out. It always ends up changing." Charlie shrugs.

"That's a Tommy mentality, just close your eyes for a sec" Ada instructs and Charlie follows her order, shutting her eyes. "Describe your dream house."

"It'll have stables, and land. Lots of land, for the horses. And a dog. There's a cobbled driveway, like Garrison Lane, gives a homely vibe, it'll be quite a simple house, not too grand, a study, a kitchen, maybe 4 or 5 bedrooms. It smells like pine and apple. Like Isaiah." Charlie sighs, "and is Isaiah there?"Ada questions.

"Yes. he's playing with 3 kids. Two boys and a little girl. He's teaching them how to bake. He's got to the girl on his hip. The two boys stood either side listening to his every word." Charlotte tells her opening her eyes.

"And there's your answer." Ada smiles, knowing her sister wasn't used to feeling so homely and warm.

"Ooh. Pollys home." Ada says standing and walking to the door, to see her aunt mascara stains down her face, looking tired and worn, her hair tousled and her eyes teary.