33 - Michaels Birthday

"Charlie. Wake up and get downstairs." Finn says banging on her bedroom door, "Finn, stop being so fucking loud." Charlie murmurs, stretching as she woke up.

"Charlie, it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon, get your ass out of bed." Finn says bursting through her door, with Chris just behind him.

"I'm up. I'm up. Let me get changed and I'll be down." Charlie says, "where's Tom?" She adds before they can leave, "business at the Garrison." Finn tells her and she nods, waving for them to leave her room.

"Shouldn't have drank so much." She murmurs to herself as she began to make herself look slightly presentable.

"Alright, I'm downstairs, what is it- who are you?" Charlie asks spotting a guy around her age sat at the table next to her aunt. With Chris and Finn stood in the corner. At that point, her older brothers decide to come barging into the house.

"Run for the hills, it's the Digbeth kid." Arthur exclaims, "get out of town kid or I will shoot your fucking head off." John yells back guns pointed at each other. "Times up" Arthur says pretending to shoot his brother.

Clearing her throat Charlotte directs their attention to the young man now stood next to the kitchen table. "Who's this Poll? Charlie?" Arthur says looking between the two. "This is your cousin. Pollys son. Michael." Tommy speaks, "it's nice to meet you." Michael says shaking their hands. "John"

"I'm Arthur, you've met me I used to throw you out of the window for John to catch you." Arthur tells him. "I used to put you in a shoe box and kick you down Watery Lane." John adds.

"Bet you're glad to be back." Charlotte jokes. "I know you." Michael says, shaking her hand. "She's your cousin Michael, of course you know her." Polly says, "no, we've met in the past year." Michael tells them.

"Uhh. That's Finn and Chris." Charlotte introduces the other two, then Michael clicks in her direction, "you came over with Theo, then those 2 guys started speaking to you. You told me I looked really fucking out of place."

"Henry." He adds.

"Oh. You were the one that wore that bow tie." Charlie says and he nods.

"Well nice to see you again, bow tie." Charlotte tells him.

"Nice to meet you. Come on boys and Lottie." Tommy says walking out. "They seem nice." Michael says.

-

"Polly, what are you doing?" Charlotte asks pulling her into the back offices of the Garrison. "What?" Polly replies harshly, "he's still 17, you aren't his legal guardian, you can't keep him like a pet. There's a few weeks until he's 18 and he can do what he wants. But this is kidnapping." Charlotte tells her.

"I'm not losing my son again, you don't know what it's like." Polly says pointedly. "Perhaps not. But he'll be back. He's intrigued, in a few weeks, he'll still want to see you." Charlotte replies.

-

"Last night, one of our men had his throat cut in Winson Green. This morning I had a telegram saying it was Sabinis orders." Tommy speaks starting the meeting, "it says here Thomas Shelby is next" Arthur adds.

"If our men think we can't look after them in prison, they ain't gonna work for us. Sabini knows that. We need to get the Green sorted out. Scudboat, you and one of the boys, get yourselves arrested. If our coppers get you into the Green, you find out who did it." Tommy orders.