34 - The Marquis

"The boys are doing business, Pollys working, I promised Finn I'd take him to see the horses as we haven't hung out in a while. Could you three hang out with Chris?" Charlie asks looking between Michael, Isaiah and Diego who were stood around the kitchen.

"He's still nervous around you. He has no need to be" Charlie tells them. "Well what do we do?" Diego asks. "Just talk, hang out. Only for about an hour and a bit. Then Finn and I'll meet you in the Garrison about 8:30." Charlie says.

"Yeah, alright. He's a nice kid." Michael shrugs, "he's a good kid" Isaiah counters. "Which means no trouble." Charlie tells him. "We don't get in trouble." Diego smirks, nudging Isaiah.

"Boys. I'm being serious." Charlie warns, "I'm sorry, it was a joke. We will be on our best behaviour." Diego says.

"Alright. Finn, Chris! Come on." Charlie calls up the stairs. "We are going to the horses. Chris, is it alright if you hang out with them?" Charlie says.

"Yeah, that's cool." Chris says giving her a small smile, looking at the 3 older guys. "Alright we'll see you in a bit" Charlie tells them as her and Finn, leave towards the stables.

"Y'alright." Isaiah says going to do the handshake he'd taught him, "yeah" Chris replies, trying to remember. "You're so close, it's clap, grip, bump." Isaiah tells him.

"Michael, you should see this guys brain. It's mad. He's so smart." Diego says placing an arm round Chris' shoulder as he took a drag from his smoke.

-

"Why don't we go out? You've both been to the Garrison. Why don't we show you some others, we've been here for like an hour, go there for a drink then meet Char and Finn?" Isaiah suggests, "sounds fun." Michael shrugs.

"Yeah, okay." Chris says, remembering how much fun he'd been having at the Garrison although he hadn't been drinking or smoking.

-

"This is Charlie's second favourite pub." Diego tells them as they walk in, heading straight for the bar.

"3 whiskies and a water." Isaiah orders, "right up" the barman says. "Think Charlie might kill us if we let you get drunk." Diego says, being distracted by a whistle, turning to look at a guy.

"Yeah?" Diego asks.

"I don't drink with blacks"

"You aren't with us." Michael retorts, but Isaiah puts a hand against his chest, "the fuck did you just say?" Isaiah says, "paddy, they're okay." The barman from behind them.

"Not with me they're not. I don't drink in pubs with blacks." Paddy replies. "So leave." Diego says, standing slightly infront of Chris.

"Do you know who they are?" Chris speaks shyly. "What's this darkie saying? Because I don't give a fuck." He says pointing at Chris. "I suggest you get your finger out of his face, before I fucking break it." Isaiah speaks, pushing Chris behind him.

"Chris, go find Charlie, quickly." Diego whispers, and Chris nods, running out the pub.

"Paddy, I'm telling you to leave it." The barman speaks. "And I'm telling this black to get out of here, that one got the message." The guy speaks.