47 - GSIfOC

Today was the grand opening for the Grace Shelby Institute for Orphaned Children, the family had all arrived, and were currently stood outside the orphanage getting their photo taken, Tommy stood in the centre holding Charles with his siblings, and aunt surrounding him with their kids.

Unfortunately Chris and Ollie couldn't make it because they had big exams coming up and we working on a case.

-

"Welcome to the grand opening of the Grace Shelby Institute for the non-insured children of the poor, i would very much like you to join me in thanking the man that made the founding of this establishment actually possible. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Thomas Shelby" Polly announces and the crowd starts clapping as Tommy hands Charles to Charlotte, who gives him a reassuring smile as he heads up to the front.

"Ididn't come here today to make a speech, but i will say this. These children are now safe. In our care, they will be safe. Because we are from the same cold streets as they are. And in our care, they won't be shipped away to the colonies. Or separated from kin. Or made to work for men in their various ways. They will grow up here, at home. Loved. In Birmingham. Because this is our city" Tommy speaks.

"By order of the peaky blinders" Arthur says clapping and standing encouraging everyone else to do so.

"I'm going to step outside for a bit, keep Charles close" Tommy whispers to his sister who nods, watching him leave out the side door.

-

"Tom, he wants you" Charlotte says handing Charles over to his brother who was being swarmed by some older ladies.

"Lottie, have you seen Charles?" Tommy questions frantically his eyes searching the room.

"I gave him to you about a minute ago Tom" Charlotte replies, "shit" Tommy swears quietly.

"Look, go ask Ada and Polly, ill check round the house incase he's playing somewhere, can't have gotten far" Charlotte tells him, leaving out the nearest door.

Going along and rattling the doors which were all locked, she heard Tommys shouts for Charles and realised something was wrong.

Kicking down the external door, she sees a nurse with a baby in the car driving away, reaching for her gun to shoot the tires she realises they're out of reach.

"Get back here" she yells chasing after the car, but they were too far, rushing back up to the house she sees her 4 brothers.

"Lottie? Where is he? Wheres my son?" Tommy asks shaking her, "John go find Moss, block of all the junctions" Arthur commands, as Charlotte places her hands either side of Tommys neck, holding him still.

"Someone took him" Charlotte tells him as he fights to get out of her restraints but she pulls him back to her.

"Listen to me, listen to me. A nurse has put him in a car, they've put him in a car and drove south. Arthurs getting road blocks and spotter sorted, I'll set up shop, put every man we have got on the junctions" Charlie tells him holding him close.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" he breathes out, glad she was taking control of the situation, "you gotta go to the office, you gotta sit by the phone, the cunts that took him, they're gonna call. Now get in the car" Charlie says leading him into a car gesturing for Polly to come over.