59 - Nightmares

⚠️TW⚠️

Sexual Assault

"Be a good girl." Gavin whispers in her ear, tugging her out of the pub, Charlotte thrashing in his hold, yet too drunk to control her own movements so Gavin managed to keep a strong grasp on her as he yanked her into an empty alleyway, shoving her against the wall.

"No. Get off me." Charlotte says, pushing at Isaiahs chest, trying to escape his hold. "Char?" Isaiah whispers groggily, being awoken by his wife pushing at his chest, instantly removing his arm from round her waist.

"That's it, darling." Gavin says, covering her mouth with a sloppy kiss when she went to scream out, muffling and quietening the noise.

"Keep still and it won't hurt, sweetheart."

"You're a liar." Charlie says, thrashing about in the bed, "Char, love. Wake up." Isaiah lulls, attempting to wake his wife up.

"Shut it." He warns. "That's a good girl." Gavin whispers, covering her mouth with his hand as sobs raked over her body. The feeling of hopelessness settling on her as her legs began to give out underneath her.

"Let me go. I don't want this. No. Please, get off. Get away from me." Charlotte cries in her sleep, becoming slightly less hostile in her movements, allowing Isaiah to softly cup her face in his hands, "hey, Charlotte. Wake up, you're alright." He speaks softly, though hatred flowed through his veins as he finally realised what her nightmare had been about.

His thrusts were hurting her, and he'd pressed her head against the wall, the bricks scratching her cheek, as he stole his pleasure.

"Dadda? Why Mumma crying?" Nate asks, and Isaiahs head turns to see the twins stood by the door.

"Boys? Go back to bed, your mum's fine. Alright? Back to bed, both of you." Isaiah says, knowing Charlie would hate for her sons to see her like this.

"Shall we make her a cake to make her happy?" Douglas asks. "Sure, tomorrow, I'll get Uncle Diego round." Isaiah replies, and the boys smile rushing back to their room, letting Isaiah focus back on his wife.

"My love, wake up for me. He can't hurt you again. No-ones gonna hurt you again." Isaiah promises, softly stroking her hair with one hand, the other caressing her cheek.

"Open your eyes. It's Isaiah."

It took a few moments for her eyes to open frantically, meeting his, "I'm sorry." She apologises.

"Do you really think I want you to apologise? No. Never, never fucking apologise for something you can't control." Isaiah replies, cradling her head against his chest. "I should be able to control them by now." Charlotte says.

"There's some things you can't control." Isaiah responds. "I need to, I can't keep doing this to you, it's unfair." Charlotte says. "I don't care, listen to me. I don't give a fuck If I have to do this every night. I'll do it, because I love you. And I'll continue to show you I do, until there's absolutely no doubt in that beautiful head of yours." Isaiah tells her.

"I'll do it, because I promised myself I'd show you what love is. I promised I'd spend everyday of my life making sure you know you're loved. I promised myself I'd make up for all the wrong things anyone has ever done to you." Isaiah whispers.

"You already have." Charlotte says, rearranging herself, so her head was no longer buried against his chest, and she could look him in the eyes again, "you've done so much more than I could ever ask for."

"I'd do anything you wanted. You've got me wrapped round your little finger, but I like it. Don't tell anyone." Isaiah chuckles,
"I don't need to, it's pretty obvious." Charlie teases.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolls his eyes, as she places her hand on his jaw, pulling him down to press her lips against his, his eyes closing in content, and his heart soaring just as it did when they'd first kissed.

"I've got you Char, you don't need to try and keep it to yourself. I want you to be able to talk to me about it, I don't want you to feel as though you must hide it. What you've been through- fuck, I can't even begin to imagine, but I know I don't want you to face your demons alone." Isaiah says.

"It's hard to forget. Normally, all those memories, all of them, they disappear whenever you're near. That's the truth, you make them go away." Charlotte says,
"But, when you're not, it's difficult to forget. I still feel as though he's lurking." She admits, "and I think that's just time. That over time, I'll accept he's gone."

"I don't need or want you to do anything more than you have been. You're perfect." Charlie whispers, "I know I don't say it a lot but I really do appreciate you. Everything you do, I notice it, and I appreciate it."

-

"Where are you taking me? Where are the boys?" Charlotte questions, letting Isaiah take her somewhere. "The boys are with Diego." Isaiah answers.

"And where are you taking me?" Charlie asks. "Somewhere special." Isaiah replies. "You better not be murdering me." Charlotte mumbles. "As if I'd ever do that." Isaiah retorts, "and if I tried, I'm sure you'd be able to overpower me."

"No, I'd let you. If it's important to you, it's important to me." Charlie hums. "I think that's more about hobbies rather than letting your spouse murder you." Isaiah chuckles.

"Well I don't know, I thought what I said was pretty romantic." Charlotte replies, "yes extremely. Talking about me killing you, completely romantic." Isaiah quips.

"Well are you going to kill me? If you are, may I have one small request?"

"I'm not going to kill you."

"Well, you're not going to admit it out in the open."

"Fucking hell." Isaiah curses under his breathe. "Firstly, I like it when you speak like that, it's sexy." Charlotte tells him, taking him by surprise, "secondly, my request is that you remain abstinent after I'm gone. I don't want another woman touching what's mine."

"I'm not murdering you, love. And I promise I'd never let another person touch what's yours." Isaiah replies.

"If you're not murdering me, where are we going?" Charlotte asks. "We're almost there." Isaiah responds.

"Alright," Isaiah says, stopping them and standing behind his wife, undoing the blindfold, and pulling it away from her face so she could see what was infront of her.

"What is this place?" She gasps, looking around.

He'd brought her to a beautiful lake, with a small decking that they were stood on, all sorts of trees surrounding them.

"I found it when I was on a walk. I thought it'd be a good place for you to come if you ever want some space, a place of peace for you." He says, wrapping his arms round her waist, and resting his head on her shoulder.

"It's gorgeous. I love it." Charlotte smiles, placing her hands on his.

"Told you I wasn't going to kill you." Isaiah grumbles in her ear. "You blindfolded me and refused to answer my questions." Charlie defends. "I answered your questions, just not ones about the location." Isaiah replies.

"Well, I'm glad you're not going to kill me." Charlotte hums, "and why's that?" Isaiah asks. "I'd miss your cuddles." Charlie says. "Aww, who would have guessed the big, bad, scary Charlotte Shelby loved cuddles with her husband." Isaiah teases. "Don't tell anyone, I might have to kill you." Charlie replies.

"My lips are sealed. Don't you worry love." Isaiah says.