44 - Hunting

"I'll race you" John challenges Charlie as they rode round the edge of the field, they'd just been hunting. "Where to?" Charlie questions, mapping out the field.

"Back to the woods" John says, "youre on" Charlie smirks, "3..2..go" John says taking off, Charlie quick on his heel, the thing about John is he wasn't the most experienced rider, nor did he plan his course, meaning instead of going diagonally round a bush he went up to it then had to go up the length to get round.

Charlie laughed, jumping the bush, and riding off, all the way to the outline of the woods, beating John by a good 60 meters.

"You cheated" He states, "its not my fault you don't know how to jump, nor did you think of going diagonally." Charlie retorts, "only you and Tom can do that, see" John points out noticing Tommy jump over the bush whilst the rest of the group went round.

"John boy, why would you even think that was a good idea?" Tommy questions coming to a stop next to them, "i don't do things because they're good ideas, i do things because they're fun" John replies.

"Even if it means getting your arse handed to you by your little sister" Charlie smirks, as they trotted on, "oh shut up" John retorts.

"She's not wrong," Tommy inputs.

-

"OI, Arthur, John, Lottie, Finn. Over here." Tommy calls, "alright, what is it?" Arthur questions as they their seats by the fire, "This letter, says that Dad is dead." Tommy tells them passing a sheet of paper to Arthur.

"He was in Boston, at a club called the Mickey Free, two men waiting in an alley. He was shot twice," Tommy informs them as Arthur hands the letter to John.

"Who's Rosie Rice?" John questions, "probably some fucking whore" Arthur mumbles, "she is a woman who took the trouble to write to us" Tommy says as Charlie takes the letter from Johns outstretched hand, not bothering to read it handing it straight to Finn incase he wanted to, but he shook his head, and she throws it into the fire.

"She wanted us to know that during the night, while he was dying, he asked for our forgiveness" Tommy tells them and Charlotte scoffs.

"The only thing he ever taught us was how to kill and cut a stag, Finn, Lottie, John, probably won't remember" Tommy says, "i remember. Cannock Chase, parked up at a pub called the Griffin, he got drunk and sang silver dagger about 100 times," John replies.

"Yeah, one weekend, one weekend he was like that." Arthur grunts, "the stag is to remember him. We eat and then we forget him. No need to forgive him, agreed?" Tommy says and they all nod.

"John i have to say this, you can name your new baby after him if you'd like-" "No" John shuts down instantly, "Arthur, i won't even ask. So his name dies, its been in the family a long time, now its gone." Tommy speaks.

"Alright, thats done, fuck him" Charlie says raising the bottle of rum to her mouth, "i can drink to that" Arthur chuckles, stealing the bottle.

"Before we cook and eat, there's some business" Tommy says, "boys" he calls for the rest of the group to come over, "I wanted to say this out 'ere cause i don't trust the maids in the house. There's gonna be a robbery." Tommy tells them all.

"It's 2 hours work, bit of grease in your cuffs, thats it." Tommy says standing over a map of the Lancashire Factory.

"Tommy, should i really be here for this?" Michael questions, "I've cleared it with Polly, Michael, there's no way around it, we need you to know," Tommy replies.