Chapter 1

Jennie was a well-loved child. Ever since she was born, Jennie's parents had showered her with immense care and undivided attention. Being the only child of Kim So Hyun, an award-winning cinematographer and actor, and Lee Ji Eun or most known as IU, became an elite socialite, former idol and now actress, she is the center of their world. Her parents always had high hopes and dreams for their beautiful, cat-eyed daughter. It is as if they already knew that the young Jennie would soon grow up to become the center of everyone's world. With a gummy smile that instantly brightens someone's day, mesmerizing cat eyes, sexiness that would catch anyone's attention, and an unlimited amount of charm to soften even the hardest of hearts, the young Jennie was destined for stardom.

Her mother, IU, with whom Jennie inherited most of her stunning features, immediately knew her daughter was meant to be a star so, when the opportunity that calls for beautiful young girls to be modeled for a famous clothing brand arises, she brou...

Her mother, IU, with whom Jennie inherited most of her stunning features, immediately knew her daughter was meant to be a star so, when the opportunity that calls for beautiful young girls to be modeled for a famous clothing brand arises, she brought the then 7-year-old Jennie with her. As for the little ray of sunshine, Jennie happily smiled her way to the hearts of everyone in the room.

That was basically how it started.

Now, if anyone were to say that Jennie Kim was only a pretty face then they better be prepared to eat their own words and bury themselves in shame. The talented little girl also knew how to sing, dance, rap, could play the piano and guitar, and had a promising future in the acting industry. Add up her sociable personality and nothing is stopping her from making the world fall in love with her.

Come her 13th birthday, Jennie was already in magazines and fashion advertisements, confident enough to stand amongst famous models who have been in the industry for much longer than she had. But it wasn't when she turned 16 that her career launched into greater heights. A famous producer had heard one of her songs and offered a contract with which a very eager Jennie was quick to take. IU couldn't be more ecstatic about this good news, Jennie was in fact on her way to living the dream she herself failed to achieve.

At 18, Jennie Kim was already a name familiar to the younger generation. After 2 successful albums, highly anticipated concerts, endorsements, and awards under her belt, Jennie was ready to jump to the next level, acting. So as she turned 20, Jennie Kim was walking down the red carpet of her movie premiere. It wasn't the first movie premiere she attended but it was the first movie where she was proclaimed an actress, her proud parents standing by her side. At this point, there was no stopping Jennie's fame. The little girl with big dreams and an infectious smile was close to achieving world domination.

Perhaps people would call it luck or good genes as the reason for such success but to Jennie, good fortune and genetics aren't the only things that one would need in a very grueling industry. It was more hard work, stability, and discipline that got her to where she was. Sadly, in a world filled with glitter and glamour, people tend to look past all those important things and fail to realize that she isn't entirely immune to the dark side of life.