Chapter 24

Is it even legal to be this crazy over you?

That's what the huge perfume advertisement sign says behind where Lisa is sitting and even though it matches her current situation she doesn't care about it as she stare blankly at the dirt on the ground. Whatever happened in the past hour was surreal. It couldn't even be real. How could she possibly just seen Jennie Kim casually stroll in from social media to her workplace? Moreover, her ears could possibly be hearing things as well, or did Jennie just call her... Lisa?

"What the fuck is going on?" Lisa whispers to herself in disbelief.

Running a hand through her hair, she lifts her head up, a move she would instantly regret as a bus passes by with a fashion ad of Jennie Kim's smiling face printed on it as if teasing her. Shaking her head, she finally stands up and starts walking back to their building. But then as she stops at an intersection, an open car blasting Jennie Kim's song passes her by in a painfully slow manner, that voice singing to her, telling her to come closer.

Distractedly, Lisa walks and reaches the radio station in no time. But then as soon as she enters an employee has her stuff spilled on the ground. Picking up the items in front of her, Lisa was just about to hand it over to the panicked employee when she sees the magazine she was holding, the cover girl, Jennie Kim herself looking so damn irresistible in that hot leather jacket. But the point of it was what she was wearing underneath it, which is only a bra. The photo had Lisa handing the magazine back like it burned her fingers and rushed inside the elevator, sweat dripping at the side of her neck as she fans herself with her hand. However, her movements stop short as her ears pick up the conversation behind her.

"Have you heard Jennie Kim's newest single?"

"Yeah, it's so good!"

"She looks so good too,"

"It's like she didn't go through an accident-god what I would give to have those eyes. She's so pretty,"

"I know right! Her boyfriend is so lucky,"

"Oh! The one she was talking about in her song? Who do you think he is?"

"I don't know but with dark brown hair, doll eyes and bangs that cover his eyes, sexy smile, I mean whoever he is must be hot. Model perhaps?"

"No, it's probably her co-star in her upcoming movie,"

The bell goes off to signal that they've reached their floor, the conversation was literally enough for Lisa to slam her head against the door. 

Even being finally left alone, Lisa would not find relief as the air grows thick all around with the images of Jennie popping around her head. When she gets out, the elevator feels like an oven. She scrunches up her hair in frustration before combing it with her fingers until she suddenly stills, pausing once more.

Dark brown hair, doll eyes, cold hands that go warm after a while, and a sexy smile.

Those were the descriptions that Jennie had been singing.

Her eyes land down on her hand as a strand of her dark brown locks now dangles before shifting her focus towards the small mirror sitting on the next cubicle to look straight at her doll eyes while lightly fixing her bangs that cover her forehead. Her hands were always cold but they do get warm when holding on to something warm for so long. And well, not to brag but some of the people she dated had complimented her smile. It took her a few minutes of deep thinking but the more she tries to picture it, the more laughable it was.

No way.

Of all the people with dark brown hair and doll eyes, she can't possibly be the one Jennie is talking about. That's ridiculous!  It's like saying you can reach space using a school bus. So yeah, there she was laughing it off and shaking her head.