Chapter 13

2 years ago

"Smile, grumpy ass. It's not the end of the world," Rosé teases, her smile playful as she eyes a very furious Lisa. Lisa now looking gloomy with her arms crossed in front of her. And the reason for her dark mood? The neon pink and silver tight mini-dress they had to wear with the logos of all their radio station's event sponsors printed at the back of their 'uniforms'. The race girl outfit, as Rosé describes it, came with matching visors where the name of their radio station, YG 101.5, was displayed. However, it would have only been slightly better if today didn't happen to be her birthday as well and Lisa has already hated the cursed day ever since she was young. She just knew things were about to go down to hell.

"I didn't sign up for this!" Lisa growls in a low tone as her best friend, who looks perfectly content with what she is wearing shakes her head.

Initially, Lisa had been thrilled to be part of a huge event because of course, musical festivals are just awesome. That is until her eyes land on their 'uniforms'. Her allergy to the tight dress immediately acting up. This made her get up on her feet and bolt out to turn in her resignation. If Rosé hadn't grabbed her by the hair and tackled her down the ground to slap some sense into her, pointing out that one night of suffering is better than quitting like a loser and destroying their chances of achieving their dreams, Lisa would have actually left.

Looking at the bright side, the neon pink and silver face paint that covered half her face saves her the embarrassment of being easily recognized by anyone who knew her. She chose a huge star that was drawn over her eye which would have been cool if it was a duck instead while Rosé chose a heart, a very obvious choice.

"But we're going to see the concert for free!" Rosé says positively before eyeing a cute woman hanging out with her friends near their booth. "And some bonus eye candy," she smoothly adds, giving out a flirtatious wink at the woman who smiles back. But then when Lisa's frown doesn't dissipate, Rosé tears her eyes off her potential conquest and fixes a pointed stare towards Lisa.

"You, lack sex," she shamelessly says, a hand on her hip as Lisa glares back at her. "This constant shitty mood of yours is just months of sexual frustration, Manoban. Now if only you'd say yes to my birthday gift then you'd be less of a grumpy bitch tonight," Rosé reminds her while handing out a bandana and baller to a girl and flashing a fake smile towards the people stopping by their booth.

"And you have too much sex, Roseanne" Lisa bites back before adding quietly, "And no, no to birthday sex with whoever it is you're trying to hook me up with,"

"Still, better than none," Rosé smoothly replies before nudging Lisa as a group of giggling girls make their way to their booth. "So stop being a whiny hoe and flirt 'till the panties drop," she says with a smile as Lisa sighs heavily.

Lisa finally looks up, mustering whatever kind of smile she can conjure. "This is the worst day of my life," she says through gritted teeth.

It was in the middle of the event when finally Lisa had gotten the chance to go for a bathroom break. However, since this was in fact the worst day of her life, two stalls had been out of order due to some plumbing issues, leaving only two other stalls with the first one occupied by lovers who just can't wait for the concert to end and the other is being infested by someone who has eaten too many hmm... Lisa can't even recognize what food it is. Exhaling in frustration, Lisa had to run off to the restrooms backstage on the other side of the huge open oval stadium the men's restroom is so tempting but she isn't as confident as Seulgi.

Fortunately, the perks of working for the radio station grant her a pass to enter backstage. Dashing to the restroom at the far end of the stadium, she was almost in tears to find it empty. Berating herself for not thinking of heading there in the first place, Lisa quickly enters a cubicle and sighs in pure relief as she does her business. She was almost done when she hears a female voice echoing through the restroom's walls.