Chapter 17

2 years ago

"Oh god, bitch wake up! Look at the time! We have to go to work!" Rosé comes barging into Lisa's room waking her up from her slumber and yanking out her blanket harshly. Lisa helplessly groans and glares or at least try to give out a glare her sleepy face could make.

"Why?" she whines as she realizes how early it still is and gets dragged harshly out of bed that she thought she lost an arm.

"Today's the day G dragon and Jennie Kim are going to be at our radio station!" Rosé almost screams excitedly as she pushes a disoriented Lisa into the bathroom and before Lisa could even turn around her towel was thrown at her face. Taking the cloth off of her head she faces her smirking best friend who then slams the door in front of her face before she could say 'Don't'.

"Hurry up and don't you dare go back to sleep! I don't want to be late so if you aren't out in 15 minutes I'm coming in and scrubbing you from head to foot," Rosé threatens seriously and Lisa sighs heavily, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Kidding aside, she did think of sitting in a corner of the bathroom and getting some more sleep.

It's been almost three months since the music festival and ever since then Lisa had been following the cat-eyed idol on social media, yes Lisa has Instagram and Twitter which were almost non-existent until three months ago. By now, Jennie has dropped singles off her album, one of them being that amazing collaboration with the said rapper. Of course, relationship rumors sparked from the collaboration, and Daragon fans aren't happy about it. Lisa chooses not to believe in it though and thinks the stupid gossip was just created by those annoying dispatch to create scandals regarding the beautiful singer.

Shaking her head, Lisa finally discards all her clothes and enters the shower stall, with the hopes that the warm water coursing through her skin clears her mind of things. However, that special memory from the music festival unconsciously plays through her thoughts like a broken record on repeat.

She was going to see her again.

There's no denying it, her heart thumps excitedly at the prospect of bumping into Jennie once more. On the contrary, her mind keeps telling her that there is no way she would even remember her. She was easily forgettable to anyone if she were to base it on experience. But it wasn't bad to hope, right? Even though hope wasn't a friend of hers. The only kind of hope she is very familiar with is false hope.

Her thoughts are cut short at the sudden loud knocking coming from the outside followed by her best friend's nagging, "10 more minutes, Manoban!" and Lisa's heart almost leaps out from her chest. 

"I know where you keep your food stash!" she yells back threateningly which Rosé counters with a, "I'm holding your laptop hostage right now!" earning a frustrated groan from Lisa.

"I hate you," she mutters only to be replied by a very assertive, "I heard that!" and Lisa could only shake her head.

Needless to say, she safely got her laptop back before her psychopath's best friend starts doing physics experiments with it from the balcony.

Currently, Lisa is just about to do her usual morning military exercise as she and Rosé navigate through the early morning traffic because every day is certainly a battle. After parking their dying car a couple of blocks away, they quickly jog to the radio station. When they are near the entrance, however, Lisa almost makes a quick turn and jog back home at the sight of fans, lots of overly excited and enthusiastic fans waiting for their idols to drop by in a couple of hours.

For some reason, security has only started barricading the entrance with crowd control barriers, and this leaves them to fight their way through countless bodies in front of them. Lisa gets pushed and almost shoved to the ground if it weren't for Rosé who literally grabbed her to safety.