Chapter 11

Jennie dreams again. This time, she sees her best friend, Jisoo, by her side. The beauty who always maintained perfect composure despite being under immense pressure looked so broken. Rare tears rolling down her cheeks as she holds on to Jennie's hand. Jisoo sniffs and wipes her face as she tells Jennie just how much she misses her. And Jisoo being Jisoo, proceeds to give her an update about Jennie's impending projects, her upcoming movie which the producers decided to have her body double finish the remaining stunts needed, and lastly, how they decided to cancel the release of her album. Jennie had to smile at that. It is very much like her friend to even think of such things despite the situations. She goes on to tell Jennie that she's got everything covered regarding legal matters, medical matters, and even steps she would take to physically recover quickly. She tells Jennie that she needed not to worry anymore. That all Jennie needs to do is open her eyes. Jisoo's voice resolves into a whisper as she begs sadly into her ear, Jisoo's arms wrapped around her.

"Jennie please come back to us. Wake up,"

Jennie's eyes snapped open to the bright light which made her shut them back once more. Groaning from the pain shooting from all over her body, she tries again and this time she looks around blindly in panic before calming down at the sight that greets her, Lisa's fresh face staring down at her.

"Oh god, it's alive!" Lisa jokes as she playfully pokes Jennie's shoulder. Swatting Lisa's hand away, Jennie can't help but smile at the start of her morning despite sleeping on the cold hard floor all night, another first on her list of things she has yet to experience in life. The next best thing her eyes see next is a mug filled with warm lavender tea. A little something Lisa has prepared for her. The warm drink does the work of hydrating her system, soothing her dry throat. But unfortunately, not keeping her from rushing to the bathroom while Lisa holds her hair and rubs her back gently. She felt like a loser and was very much embarrassed that Lisa had seen her in such a state.

"Welcome to the adult world, my sweet child," Lisa teases, much to Jennie's embarrassment.

Jennie grimaces as she feels a huge headache constantly pounding on her skull, the bright sunshine outside was attacking her eyes and for once in her life, she hated seeing it. When she reaches the dining table after dizzily bumping into stuff, she sits down heavily, clutching her aching head with her good hand as Lisa pushes a bowl of noodle soup and a plate of scrambled eggs her way.

"What did you do to me?" Jennie grumbles before opening her eyes to look at Lisa angrily as she hears the other girl chuckle. Lisa's smirk is back on her lips as she leans forward to speak that Jennie's nostrils are invaded by the heavenly scent of Lisa's shampoo filling up her lungs. It was enough to make her muscles relax.

"Oh baby, that's what they all say until they come knocking at my door desperately begging for more," her teasing words are enough to make Jennie's brain undergo another malfunction as bits of memories last night flash into her mind. With her face slowly getting red, she covers her face with her hand, shaking her head.

"I hate you," she manages to say as she hears Lisa laugh. "C'mon what's pleasure without a bit of pain?" Lisa continues to tease as Jennie groans. "Stop it," she pleads, her cheeks obviously blushing as more memories of alcohol on smooth skin assault her poor brain.

"I actually like you more when you're drunk," Lisa states, knuckles underneath her jaw as Jennie peeks at her from between her fingers. The amused look Lisa is giving her doesn't give any comfort at all. Because she is almost sure that whatever she is about to say next doesn't sound good.

"I also had no idea that you make good lyrics when drunk," Lisa says and Jennie feels a bit relieved that nothing crude was thrown her way. Writing songs is her line of work and Jisoo had told her a couple of times that she even sings in her sleep so it's not really that surprising. That is until Lisa opens her sinful mouth again. "Because I'm pretty sure, Rihanna is going to be ashamed to have not thought of those lyrics in the first place," and with that Jennie's relief vanishes into thin air.