Chapter 25

Rosé leaves after another minute when her phone vibrates and Jennie sucks in as much air as she can before breathing out loudly.

They said that nothing can go wrong with telling the truth.

Jennie had always spoken out her heart ever since she was young. She'd always been bad at lying since it easily shows on her face and whatever lie it was wouldn't be a lie for long. Admittedly, show business was what taught her to lie. She had to smile even though she didn't feel like it. She had to say nice words about this and that when in truth she didn't really feel that way. The one lie she always says?

I'm doing good.

She wasn't.

But now? Jennie is as honest as a five year old. Without any filter on her lips as she points out things people don't normally tell you. Her emotions, an open display, a hug when happy, cleaning when anxious, dancing around when excited, singing out loud when she's in love, explosive yelling when she's mad and tears on buckets of ice cream when sad. But that's Jennie Kim for you, the more she cares about you, the more honest she is with you. Especially, if she loves you.

"Then why did you lie to me?"

Lisa's question hits her hard, the impact was strong and it surely left wounds. She had told her the truth, even opening it with a line that would prove that she had indeed swapped bodies with Rosé, and now Lisa, despite her initial freak out and obvious doubts, knows. Besides, you can't just make up stuff like that. Only someone who really did spend two weeks in this apartment would know.

"I'm sorry, I was confused, everything just happened so fast and," those were the only words she breathes out before pausing at the sound of the sofa creaking. Lisa had finally stood up, eyes avoiding hers. Lisa massages her temples and that is sending bad signals in Jennie's radar. There was actually one more reason why she lied. Another reason that will surely change everything. It's something that could leave her in a state that is even worse than all her past heartbreaks combined.

But as far as heartbreak goes, what hurts most are the words Lisa says next.

"It's getting late. You should go home now, Jennie," her tone was so distant. She's never heard her talk like that before, even when they had that fight. This is the Lisa everyone outside her world sees, a world that Jennie isn't a part of.

"Lisa," the broken tone evident.

"You shouldn't be here," the reply that even when said softly was enough to create such a huge blow right at her heart.

"Why?"

"You don't belong here,"

In a way, it is true. This wasn't her home. This wasn't her neighbourhood. None of the people living in this building was her friends. She didn't belong here but that didn't mean that she can't.

Lisa was walking away and Jennie knew that if she didn't say it now then it will carry on forever. She quickly panics. This could be the end of 'them' so she stands up. She has to at least try.

"I don't belong here or you don't want me here?"

The question hangs heavily and it was hard that she is unable to look at Lisa's face as she asks this. Lisa had her back turned towards her and so she has no other choice but to have her eyes locked to the back of Lisa's head.

"Both. Jennie, I can't do complicated and you're just—everything about you is... too complicated. And I don't need any more of that in my life. We're too different. It's not going to work. This is not going to work. I'm sorry. It's best if we just forget everything, like it never happened,"