Chapter 26

How I miss you and you're not even mine.

That's what the framed photo Jennie is dangling in the tip of her fingers reads as the camera clicks away. She twists her head a bit to the left, shifting a bit on the sofa she is currently laying,  as the photographer, compliments her endlessly. How ironic is it that just two days after her heartbreak, she is being photographed for a collaborative project on unrequited love as its theme. The photos will soon be placed in an art gallery in New York alongside other photos of other celebrities involved in the project. So here she was, kicking off her designer heels to the side, hair in a seductive messy, a disheveled little white dress hugging her curves, and dark smokey eyes to match the vulnerable look.

Thankfully due to the theme, there is no reason to smile so she doesn't have to fake one. To be honest, there's just no one else perfect to project heartbreak than her right now and that's why the famous photographer nods in satisfaction at the images he captures. Probably attributing her exceptional talent as an actress to the perfectly captured images.

If he only knew.

A few more shots and finally she's sitting in a lazy manner, as she was told to do. Now if he were to tell her to cry, which she is guessing he will at some point, then she's going to effortlessly give him tears that don't end like last night. The only thing that probably bothers her is that there will always be these photographs that captured and will remind her of the pain she'd been through.

Of the pain that is Lisa Manoban.

Even remembering that name hurts.

From across the room, she could feel Mino watch her worriedly and knew that the person he was currently contacting on his phone would be Jisoo. Maybe she should give Jisoo an award for being the most understanding friend. The actress, despite having a tight schedule, managed to stay with her all night after she walked out of Lisa's apartment. Jisoo's presence had at least stopped her from devouring buckets of milk-flavored ice cream before she choked herself to death with it. Jennie had to admit nobody would have wanted to hang out with someone who'd swing in between crying and cursing, she'd have called it a post-break-up meltdown but they weren't even in a relationship so, just a meltdown it is. 

And if anyone asks, no, it's never happened before. None of her exes had made her do anything like this after a breakup. Usually, she'd just mope and cry for a couple of nights and then get it over with. Unfortunately, this time it'll be a very long while before she can completely get it over with. How many plates did she break two nights ago again? Anyways, Jisoo deserves an award and Jennie needs to shop for a new set of plates.

The photoshoot ends without any hitches and Jennie heads to the Grove with Jisoo. If it were any ordinary day, she'd have joked about having recently moved to a new place as soon as she paid for her order, a whole set of plates, cups, glasses, and bowls.

"I'm free tonight. We should go out, relax" Jisoo suggests and Jennie almost doesn't hear her as they walk out of the store, her purchases being carried by the shop's assistant to their car.

"So, what do you say?" Jisoo asks as she stops to face her.

Sighing, Jennie adjusts her sunglasses, "I don't know, chu. I feel like staying at home tonight," she mumbles, cautiously glancing at the paparazzi lurking a few feet away. Jisoo notices the annoying press and is soon pulling her along to where their car is parked. The conversation only continues as they are in the vehicle, all her newly bought tableware safely loaded as well.

"Come on, Jendeuk, it's not healthy for you to lock yourself up at home grieving all night and eating ice cream for dinner. Please, we can maybe get a relaxing massage or something then eat and I promise after that, we go home," Jisoo insists and it's just hard to say no to the person whom you owe a lot to.