Chapter 22

She lost Lisa.

The minute Jennie opens her eyes she already knew what she lost, someone dear and important to her. It was like being forcibly grabbed far away from the safety and comfort of Lisa's arms and threw her back into her own world. That's probably how it happened exactly but does it even matter now? Everything hurts which was why tears immediately flow down freely on her face. Her whole body was in pain, her heart was aching twice as much and her mind stuck to the face of a certain woman. She was such a mess that Jisoo had panicked at one point by almost screaming at the nurse, thinking that she was in so much pain which wasn't exactly far from the truth. Her heart was in so much agony. This wasn't how she wanted to come back. She wasn't ready yet. She needed more time.

There were still a lot more things she needed to tell Lisa, things she desperately wanted to say.

"I can't feel my leg, Jisoo. Why can't I feel my leg?" her voice croaks obviously distress as she looks at her best friend. The woman seemed to be choosing her words carefully especially in the state she was in.

"Jendeuk, your leg is fine. The doctors did surgery on it weeks ago so you won't be able to walk in it for a while. Plus, you've been in a coma, your muscles haven't moved for weeks, it'll take time and there's no need to rush," Jisoo gently explains as best as she can but Jennie doesn't have time to spare, she needed to go.

She left Lisa so suddenly. The woman must be so confused.

"I have to be somewhere," Jennie says as she struggles to move only to have Jisoo firmly place a hand on her chest to stop her from doing so.

"Jen, you need to rest. Everything's been taken care of. All you need to do now is to focus on recovering—"

"Unnie, I really have to go, now. I need to go find, Lisa," Jennie insists before trying to sit up again only to fail. Jisoo immediately helps her lay back more comfortably before finally bringing up that name her best friend must be so curious about.

"Jennie, please stop. And I can't help you until you tell me about this Lisa, first. Who is this girl you keep looking for?" she finally exhales and this time Jennie ceases all her movements as she closes her eyes before opening them again to look at her worried friend.

"She's... someone I deeply care about," Jennie admits as tears start to form in her eyes once more.

"Okay, where is she then? Because for the duration of your stay here, nobody with that name came to visit you," Jisoo points out as she looks back at Jennie. Sighing, Jennie knew she was just about to tell Jisoo a huge secret. 

"Jisoo, I'm about to tell you something that requires you to have an open mind," she begins as she watches her friend nod ever so slowly while staring at her with a cautious look on her face.

"I... I'll try," she replies before adding, "Is there a 'Rosé' somewhere in that story too?" she suddenly asks as Jennie's eyes widen at the mention of the name.

"You know Rosé ?!" she immediately asks, her voice full of life this time, earning a lost look from Jisoo.

"You got to be kidding, who in the world are these women?" Jisoo groans in frustration as Jennie's body deflates at how hard this honesty thing is going to be.

'This is going to be one long talk. Here goes nothing.' Jennie thought

Okay, so maybe it didn't turn out well as expected. Jennie had the misfortune of watching about a thousand different expressions coming out from Jisoo in just a matter of minutes.

After what feels like an eternity of unbearable silence as she tells her whole experience story, at first there was the 'Ha. Ha. Ha—no seriously, tell me' dead serious expression, then came the 'What? How? That's not possible! What?!' unbelieving expression, followed by the 'I don't understand anymore' clueless expression, then comes the expected and teary, 'I think... we should have you a get a CT scan... just to be sure, you know?' until it ends with the 'Let me just lie down here for a moment,' drained expression as her friend slowly crawls to the sofa to do exactly what she just said.