Chapter 12

Having listened to almost all of Lisa's songs for hours, Jennie had her curiosity start to get the best of her as she browsed through Lisa's folders. Her desire to learn more of the taller female taking over. She clicks at a certain folder to find some of Lisa and Rosé's old photos which she found endearing. There was one where the two best friends looked so young that they probably haven't even entered high school. Rosé was beaming, showing her braces as she had an arm around a happy looking Lisa. She truly envies such friendship as she looks at every single photo of them together having loads of fun, posing wackily or celebrating a special event.

Moving to the more recent ones, the photos from New Year's Eve got Jennie laughing out loud as she recognizes their crazy gang of dorks and misfits Rosé stuffing sausages on her mouth in some kind of eating competition, Dahyun dancing drunkenly on top of a table, Jungkook sleeping inside the bathtub with his mouth hanging open, Seulgi drinking from a keg of beer, and, Sana and Momo singing karaoke.

Jennie pauses at the sight of Lisa in one of the photos. Lisa was sitting, one leg stretched out on the ledge while the other dangling below, her body facing towards the left but her head facing the camera and pulling out that illegal smile Jennie gets flustered with. She is holding an acoustic guitar in her hands which Jennie saw sitting in a corner of her bedroom yesterday. Sitting next to Lisa, Rosé had one arm around her neck and the other raising a champagne bottle up in the air. The blonde had her eyes shut tight and mouth wide open as she squealed in delight. They looked extremely happy despite the tons of crap that thing called life throws at them. After last night, Jennie had a taste of what that kind of fun feels like. She could only hope that when the universe realizes that she should return to her own body, she could keep hanging out with them.

Sighing, she was just about to stop and shut down the laptop when another folder caught her attention. It was the only vaguely labelled folder with only as much as a dot. Without much thought, her fingers trace the cursor to the cryptic folder and the second her eyes adjust to the contents, her body quickly shoots up straight because inside it was another folder but this time it was labelled as, 'Jennie'. What are the chances that this 'Jennie' might be her? She met people at Seulgi's party and none was named Jennie. Lisa never mentioned Jennie in any of her stories or acquaintances, well maybe except if it was someone from work she didn't have any idea of. The only time Lisa mentioned the name was when she confessed to being a fan of hers the first or technically, second time they met. In conclusion, the chances are high.

Without wasting another minute, Jennie enters the folder with her name on it only to gasp, her jaw hanging open at the sight of her photos, music videos, her movie, several of her interviews and all the songs of her last album. Her shock comes from the fact that when Lisa said that she 'liked' her, she expected the typical fan, posters on the wall, her albums and a DVD copy of her movie on the shelves. But when she arrived in Rosé and Lisa's apartment she was slightly (greatly) disappointed to find none of that. There wasn't even a single trace of her in Lisa's room. So, she concluded that Lisa's 'like' for her wasn't really that big at all.

However, seeing what's in front of her now, she realizes that this 'like' wasn't as small as she thought it was or at least, how Lisa makes it sound. Jennie smiles as she finally understands, she is Lisa's dirty little secret and surprisingly, she is very pleased with it. With the way the alluring woman kept her hidden in layers of folders and mysterious labels. And to think that she was the only celebrity Lisa has been 'stalking' was making her feel special. It wasn't the creepy obsessed type of stalking, Lisa is actually a genuine fan of hers. Jennie has real stalkers, she knows how obsession works and Lisa isn't that.

Her eyes scan the contents of the entire folder until she sees another folder that is getting really deep, Lili labelled 'To Jennie'. Getting a bit excited, Jennie clicks it. Besides, it's certainly for her, so she had every right to do so. And that's when she finds out that Lisa had written a song for her. Jennie's heart tightens as she starts to read the lyrics. The very fact that Lisa had made her a song was enough to move her deeply. Unfortunately, unlike Lisa's other creations, this one didn't have any melody to it, not yet. There was only the lyrics which were written, according to the date, two years ago.