Chapter 15

The camera goes on as soon as Jisoo Kim steps on the red carpet. She stops at one spot where she poses at the photographers. It's annoying and scary at first but after years of experience, it's bearable. Tonight was the premiere of the movie she co-produced so it was important to her that the movie is well-received. After a couple of interviews, some light chatting with the actors, and the director she makes her way to her seat. Then she feel her phone vibrate in her purse.

It's from her best friend, Jennie Kim.

Apparently, her friend has just wrapped up a scene from her upcoming film and will be heading to a club for a performance. The message also had hints of 'please save me' in it that Jisoo had to stand up again and excuse herself with only minutes until the movie starts. Making her way to a separate lounge room, she presses the call button and waits.

"Jichuuuuu," Jennie drags out her name in what seems like a child begging her mother to go play outside.

"Please tell me that you didn't get into a scandal and ran off with some hottie to Paris," Jisoo said jokingly and sighs in relief as she hears Jennie giggle.

"Nope, I'm scandal-free, no hottie either but I'd very much love to go to Paris right now and I'm this close to booking a ticket and running away Help! I'm super tempted," Jennie whines, and based on the noise in the background, Jisoo figures that she's probably at her trailer getting ready. "And since you are good at making decisions, do you think I should, a) book now and fly away, b) not go and cry, or c) have my awesome, beautiful, and a talented actress-director-producer best friend comes to my rescue and fly away with me!"

Jisoo rolls her eyes at the options, knowing fully well what Jennie was up to.

"Letter D," she answers promptly.

"What option is that?"

"D as in 'Don't go until I'm done packing' which would take a while since I am at a movie premiere tonight, the one that I've been telling you for months, and I'm busy for the whole week since I will also take part in promoting this movie as well," Jisoo states which earn a groan from the other end of the line.

"Well, person who is part of the production team, can you at least make it to the club tonight so we can catch up? We haven't hang out in a while," Jennie lays out, her tone hopeful and despite the hectic schedule, Jisoo also does have a lot of stuff to tell her. But the movie is going to run for about 2 hours and a half. Not to mention the after-party happening later at another club.

"I'm not sure Jen but I'll try to make it there if I still have time," Jisoo says uncertainly as she checks her watch which anyone would already consider as jewelry with the amount of diamonds in it.

"Okay, just send me a message if you are good to go or not. I'll be performing last so I'll be finished just before midnight," the cat-eyed beauty says and Jisoo could tell by the sound of her voice that her energy was depleting. If the movie world has Jisoo already drained and on the verge of collapse, she surely can't imagine what it is like to leap in between both the movie and music industry. And by what she has observed she prefers the movie industry more. The music industry seems so wild to her and that is why Jennie has her utmost respect when it comes to work ethic.

They both hang up and Jisoo sincerely hopes she can make it. She'd very much want to have a break from all the movie conversations. Don't get her wrong, it's interesting at first with this being her passion but if you're working on a movie that spans to about a year until it is finalized and shown to the world, a hundred interviews later, she's just close to being done with it. Maybe it was that motivation that got Jisoo to hurry and finish things quickly. She didn't spend too much time at the after-party and despite the rain, she went off immediately to the club where Jennie will be performing at.