Chapter 6

"Her test results are good. We don't see anything wrong with her brain activity," Dr. kang explains as he points out the film where Rosé's results from her CT scan were imprinted.

"She doesn't remember anything," Lisa exhales, standing near the window of the doctor's office as she bites on her thumb anxiously before facing the doctor sitting behind his table.

"Brain trauma can be very tricky, Ms. Manoban. Loss of memory is likely to happen in such cases," he carefully says as Lisa finally sits down on the chair opposite his.

"I understand that part but," she pauses as a frown forms on her face, her eyes looking at the test results. "Is it also possible that she suddenly does things that she doesn't normally do?" her eyes travel down to the small box of tea she had just bought from a nearby store. Her best friend suddenly had requested tea which is very strange, given that Rosé never liked tea. Actually, her normally eccentric friend hated said drink. Her palate has never tasted tea ever since the first time she did and that was even before they met.

"There are rare cases regarding that particular situation. Some people tend to suddenly do things out of their usual lifestyle. What I am saying is, it can happen. Another possibility is, your friend may have picked them up from significant people in her life just like what you told me about, her sudden interest for a...  certain celebrity," Dr. kang takes off his glasses and leans back on his chair, placing a hand under his chin.

"Yes, we were coming home from the club where this celebrity had performed before we got into an accident. It was a small concert. She'd been so excited the week before, she wouldn't tell me why because it was a surprise but I believe that's the reason," Lisa recalls as her hands find interest in the small box.

"Also, her mother did love drinking tea," Lisa says sadly, suddenly remembering the image of Clare Park, sipping tea in the kitchen while reading some romantic novel on a lazy afternoon.

However, despite the scientific explanations, thoughts were continuously flowing inside her head, thoughts she didn't want to say out loud. There was just this part of her that is afraid of the things she has initially felt being in the presence of her childhood best friend. But a part of her also wanted her to let it out. She wanted the doctor to tell her otherwise, to tell her that she was wrong. It was just some crazy idea that her stupid brain conjured up anyway.

"I know there are medications and therapy but it's... to be honest, I feel like I am talking to a whole different person," she finally admits. "I know that the accident is to blame and all the other medical explanations but I know Rosé more than anyone in this world and..." she trails off, not really knowing how to put it.

"I keep having this feeling that this person is not my best friend," Lisa lets out a deep sigh, shaking her head. These strange thoughts were just probably a side effect of the shock from the accident and even Lisa herself has doubts about what she is feeling. With her own guilt gnawing at her and Rosé's condition, she may just be overreacting.

"It's only normal that you feel that way, especially with what both of you have gone through. There's still hope, Ms. Manoban. Think of it this way, your friend is so lucky to have survived such an ordeal. And I could say the same for you," he says before writing down the prescriptions and a calling card from one of their best therapists and psychiatrists. Lisa didn't think she needed to talk to a psychiatrist. It wasn't really her first vehicle accident after all. But he was right about one thing, she has to think of the bright side. She still has Rosé, the only family she has left. It's true that her parents were still both alive, it's true she has distant relatives as well but they didn't feel like family to her. They were never there for her when she needed them the most. To Lisa, she had only one sister and that is Park Chaeyoung.