Chapter 14

The wind blows on Jennie's face as she closes her eyes and smiles. It felt so good to be traveling with the windows down. As an idol, Jennie has always traveled back and forth to different countries. However, despite the fact that she takes the plane almost as much as the average person takes the bus, Jennie has never really stopped enjoying each and every place. And most importantly, she never rolled down the windows even if she wanted to, with the hundreds of screaming fans and reporters knocking on her car window. Usually, she'd just get off the plane, perform or shoot a film then get back on the plane. Besides, in between traveling, most of the time she'd be trying to catch up on sleep. So, when Lisa borrowed Seulgi's truck on a lovely Saturday morning to travel to one of their music gigs, Jennie had eagerly asked Lisa if she could roll the windows down. The request was met with a confused 'Sure?' but Jennie was too happy lowering the windows down and sticking her head out like a child to even bother explaining herself.

"This is so fun!" Jennie smiles, looking around at Lisa and Rosé's university while dragging an unamused Lisa by the hand as they walked towards the music department. Behind them, Bambam and Jungkook who both had also graduated from the Seoul university, took turns talking about fond memories Lisa would love to forget "Lisa, remember that time when you dressed up as Nanno for Halloween? It's like you didn't change at all!"

"Walking is not fun," Lisa mutters as they stop underneath a tree. They would be performing at a nearby bar later tonight and because it was just a couple of blocks from the university, Jennie literally begged Lisa for them to take a quick tour inside. Throw in the 'I might remember something' card with some aegyo from Jennie and Lisa finally says yes.

"Walking is nice, Lili. You inhale the fresh air, stretch your legs and enjoy the scent of freedom," Jennie says with her good arm outstretched as she breathes in deeply.

"You get tired, you sweat, your muscles ache, and you get even hungrier," Lisa enumerates lazily as she leans her back against the tree they decided to get some shade under. Bambam and Jungkook had both gone off to get some iced-latte for the four of them so now it's just the two of them and Jennie is not complaining.

"Also, you sound like you just got out of jail," Lisa adds, making Jennie turn to look back at her.

"What does that mean?" she asked then frown as Lisa looks at her in amusement.

"That's what people who've been released from prison say when they step back out to the free world," Lisa shrugs and it makes Jennie think, looking lost for a moment before a thought dawns on her.

"Do you know someone from jail?" her serious question produces laughter and she was so close to smacking Lisa if she didn't find her cute with that smile playing on her lips. Lisa's rare smiles are something she loves to see every day.

"Since we're already on the topic, I think it's only appropriate that I tell you a glimpse of our college life while we're here," Lisa says and Jennie could already tell the signs that what she's about to hear is something that would require alcohol, lots of it. If Lisa's stories about high school were enough to make her eyes go wide in shock, the college will surely give her a heart attack.

"Please don't tell me what I think you are about to tell me, Lili," Jennie begs as she runs a hand through her hair, a habit she has recently acquired from Lisa.

"Oh c'mon, it was a good 24 hours behind bars! Dirty, scary, confusing and you almost became someone's prison wife but all in all, a good bedtime story for the grandkids," Lisa fondly says as Jennie is finding any signs that tell her that Lisa is making another one of her sarcastic jokes. But when Lisa goes on about the experience being her, Rosé's, fault that's when Jennie's hopes plummet down the ground.