Chapter eleven (part one)

Rimuru and Aria are on their way to sign the peace treaty in the marshlands with the Lizardmen chieftain and fight the Orc army.

Accompanying them are Benimaru, Shion, Hakurou and Souei who is out scouting with Fubuki. Also Ranga and the Goblin riders. They left Rigurd and Carla to watch for the rest of the village. The plan is if they fail the rest remaining will flee.

Great Rimuru, Lady Aria, a moment? Souei mindlinked.

What's up, Souei? Rimuru thought.

We've come across two groups currently engaged in battle. One of them is a personal guard to the Lizardmen chieftain. They appear to be fighting a high-ranking orc. What action should we take? He thought.

Well, I mean... we have to help them, don't we? Can you win? Rimuru thought.

A simple task. He thought.

Very well, proceed. We'll be there soon. Aria thought.

Understood. Souei thought.

"Assume battle formation. We're going to meet Souei!" Aria said.

"Ma'am!" They said

"Let's do this!" Gobta said.

"Ranga!" Rimuru said.

"As you command!" He said as the wolves ran faster.

*later*

The group got there, only to find the battle over and Orc corpses everywhere.

"Er, what?it's already over?" Gobta asked.

"They should have left some for us..." Benimaru said.

"Yeah. I was actually looking forward to eat-- I mean fighting them." Aria said.

Oh,boy. That Souei and Fubuki really are skilled. Rimuru thought as he and Aria approach Fubuki and Souei with the injured lizard woman.

"She's gravely injured." He said.

"Okay." Aria said as she walks closer to heal her.

She pours the glowing blue liquid in her mouth, but she coughs. "Don't worry. It's a healing potion." She said as she pours the rest of it in her mouth.

The Lizardwoman is healed and abruptly gets up. "M-My wound... I thought it was fatal." She said inspecting her wounds. "Wh- Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Rimuru Tempest and she is my partner Aria Tempest." Rimuru said.

The Lizardwoman is shocked and proceeds to bow.

"I must ask a favor of you! Please save my father, the Lizardman chieftain, and my brother Gabiru!" She begged.

"Your Gabiru's sister?" Rimuru asked.

"I am." She said.

"You poor thing." Aria said.

"What happened?" Rimuru asked.

"My brother led a rebellion and imprisoned the chieftain. I believe he intends to repel the Orc army on his own, but he had underestimated the Orc Lord. If we take no action, the Lizardmen will surely be exterminated. My father helped me escape during a lapse in the guard's attention. I am aware that this is a selfish request, after we broke our promise to wait for you, but I implore mercy from you who serve such a powerful majin! Please... please!" the Lizardwoman begged.

"Well said, indeed! The you recognize our leaders' greatness means you have potential!" Shion said as kneels beside her.

"H-Hey, Shion..." Rimuru tries to interrupt.