chapter twenty nine

The meeting began with the retelling of the fairy tale.

"And that's why I'm going to become a Demon Lord." Rimuru said.

"What? Rimuru's  going to be a Demon Lord?!" One of Gabiru's men said from outside.

"Shh!"

"Sorry." He whispered as they watched from outside the window.

"The army heading here from the Kingdom of Falmuth... I'm going to use 10 thousand of them as nourishment to evolve into a Demon Lord. The chance of Aria and the others being resurrected is a whole 3%" Rimuru said.

"B-But Great Rimuru..." Shuna said.

"Now, hang on. I'm sure you have alot of questions and things you'd like to say, but hear me out until the end." He said.

"Right." She said.

"Aria and I are former humans who Reincarnated here. We lived as himans in the same world your "Otherworlders" came from. We died there...and we ended up being reborn here, as a slime and a soon to be Godess." Rimuru said and the Golems puffed their chests out in Pride at their creators future ranking.

"At first it was just the two of us...but even in our state, we found friends...and allies. That's all of you. We'd even call you family, you're that important to us, especially for Aria when she finay had a place to belong." He said and outside the people who were listening in cried.

"I said I liked humans and made the rule that we wouldn't attack them because I used to be a human. I'm a monster, but I considered myself human as heart. That's why I hoped to mingle with humans and get along with them...Regretting that now won't erase what happened, but it was never my intention to hurt you guys because of it. If I had come back sooner instead of staying so long in Ingrassia..." Rimuru said.

"No, that's not true. We are to blame for relying on you and Lady Aria too heavily on you to protect us. This tragedy was a result of that." Shuna said.

"My younger sister said it before I could. I'm a poor excuse for an older brother. What happened here made me painfully aware this. When the barrier cut off our connection to you, the constant sense that we were all-powerful vanished. In my heart, I felt the panic losing the one I had relied upon, you asked me to look after the place and Lady Aria in your absense, but the fault for failing to stop thid tragedy before it happened is mine." Benimaru said.

"Wait, Benimaru! If that's the case, it was my fault as the head of the guard! The responsibility is mine!" Rigur said.

"It's our fault if we had had just gotten here sooner instead of taking our time, we could have protected you all." Blaze said and the rest of the golems looked down sadly except for Drop who is currently watching over the children.

"Especially me, since I was literally right next door. I'm so sorry everyone." Valley said

"No. I should have kept a sharper eye on the first ones to use the road." Geld.

"Huh?!" Rimuru said confused.

"It's my fault. I might have egged the bad guys too much..." Gobta trembled in his seat.

"You couldn't help that." Rigur said.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait just a minute! I'm the one who was too careless! I out my own feeling first and this is what happened. All of the blame fallls on me. I'm truly sorry." Rimuru said.

"Great Rimuru..." Shuna said as Ranga and Fubuki whimpered.

"Great Rimuru. The fact you prioritized your own feelings is not a problem in the slightest. This happened because we all let our guard down, and because we were all weak. It was our negligence that allowed those scoundrels to have their way. Am I right, all of you?!" Hakurou said as he stood from his seat and everyone nodded in agreements.