Chapter fifteen

A month passed and the cracks have reached above her elbows. Using the link Rimuru has been able to check on Aria in her subconscious. As he was working helping around the village, he remembers something about Aria that made his heart ache for her.

*Flashback*

Rimuru walked in to see Aria having a pained look on her face. He sits next to her and takes her cracked hands and put it on his forehead as he dives into her mind. However instead of the usual flower bed, he finds himself inside a hospital room.

He finds that a doctor is checking up on a young girl before taking his clipboard and leaving the room, without him noticing the young girl followed him passing by Rimuru only stopping by the door to listen in.

"I'm sorry but it looks like your daughter has developed an advanced heart disease. The doctor said.(An:of your choice).

"I'm afraid tha--"

*Ring*

"Hold that thought doctor. Hello." The mother said as she walks off to take the call. The doctor was baffled, he tried to approach the father.

"Excuse me. Mr Suzuki about your daughter." The doctor said.

"Yes doctor, I'm well aware of my daughter's illness as you've just mentioned it, but what can we do illnesses like these are not curable so I'd appreciate it if you could drop the topic of treatment." The father said.

*Ring*

The father looked at his phone. "I have a meeting to get to. Goodbye." The father said.

"Wait Mr Suzuki!" The doctor said making the father stop then turn around.

"What is it doctor?" The father said.

"Surely you're not going to leave your daughter here?" The doctor asked.

"Why not? That girl has always been sick, but what has that got to do with us?" The mother said.

"Mrs Suzuku, Mr Suzuki.That is your daughter are you really going to ignore her  during this time when she needs you most!" The doctor asked.

"Ugh. You sound like Dean, we've provided for her well enough for the past few years so I don't understand the problem. We have businesses to run and having to care for something that is ultimately useless is a bother." The father said.

Rimuru was shocked to here such words coming from her parents. He looked down to the girl who's trembling, eyes full of tears. She opened the door to see her parents and a shocked doctor.

"Why?" Mao said.

"So you were listening. Then this makes it alot easier. We never wanted you, but don't worry We'll make sure that you get a nice room." The father said as the two parents started to walk away.

"Wait!" Mao said grabbing onto her mother's skirt. "Please don't throw me away. I promise I'll get better and become useful to you so please." She begged.

"Let go of my skirt!" The mother said yanking her skirt from the girls hands. "How can you get better your sickness can't be cured. You're gonna die. It's as simple as that. Oh and one more thing, our greatest regret...was you." She said before her and her husband gave Mao a cold look before leaving.

The little girl fell on her knees watching the backs of her parents as they leave. The doctor kneels beside her.

"Hic...Uwah!" Mao cried heavily in the doctor's arms. The was disgusted at witnessing such parents treat their own flesh so horribly as he glared at them, he picked up the crying child and carried her back into her room. Rimuru felt intense rage for her parents, he wished he could comfort her but he knew he couldn't, after all it was a dream.

*Flashback end*

After that Rimuru made a vow to himself that he would always be there no matter what, he would not allow Aria to ever feel that way again.

He was making his way towards Kaijin's workshop with Shion carrying his slime body to see progress on the ore.

"Kaijin, how's the ore going?" He asked walking towards majin who's being helped by Kurobe.

"I have to be honest, it's slow. There's so much to deal with and so little time, thankfully Kurobe is helping me with the finer details. Thankfully we've already made something to hold the ore once it's done." Kaijin said.

"Where is it?" Rimuru asked.

"It's a surprise." Kurobe said as the two blacksmiths  grinned mischievously.

"O-Okay." Rimuru said before leaving.

"Good luck you two. Lady Aria is counting on you." Shion said

I hope they'll be able to finish in time. Rimuru thought, but he had faith that they would somehow be able to pull it off.

Next he went to see Shuna and the two dwarf brothers Garm and Dord.

"Ah, Great Rimuru.Welcome!" Shuna said greeting Rimuru and snatching him away from Shion's hands and walked away before  Shion could protest.

"Hey!"

"Look at this Great Rimuru. We made these clothes for Lady Aria for when she wakes up, we're really looking forward to seeing her healed and well." Shuna said.

Rimuru looked at the heaps of clothes in the room.

"Don't you think that a little to much?!" He asked.

"You think so. But we couldn't help it, when we think about Lady Aria we can't help but get anxious, so we decided to do something for her so that when she wakes up she'll be happy." Shuna said.

"I'm sure she will, but I don't think she'll be happy if you just made clothes for just her. I'm sure she'd want you to continue your usual work without overdoing yourselves." Rimuru said.

"You're right Great Rimuru. Lady Aria would never want us to do that." Dord said.

"She really is a kind Lady." Garm said.

"Great Rimuru and I still have to inspect other places." Shion grabbed Rimuru making Shuna pout angrily.

"If you'll Excuse us." Shion said walking away.

Next was the training field where Hakurou and Benimaru were training the goblins.

"Everyone!" Rimuru called.

"Great Rimuru what do you think?" Benimaru asked.

"Everyone has improved, but why are you training in two separate groups?" Rimuru asked.

"It was one of Lady Aria's training suggestions, she asked if we could train different groups and at some point have them go at each other so that we see what exactly we lack, whether it be in defence or offense so thay we fix it and learn new things about ourselves in the process." Benimaru said as Hakurou continued to train his batch of students. (AN: I hope you get it.)

"At first I was doubtful, becuase Hakurou is a great warrior and swordsman. But she said that no matter how good or how great you are, there is always something to learn from someone else. It truly opened my eyes to possibilities." He said.

"That's some pretty good advice." Rimuru said.

"As expected of Lady Aria, she'll really smart." Shion said proudly.

After a few more stops and checking in on everyone else in the village it was already dark outside. Rimuru had returned to Aria's side.

You really are amazing. Even if your not there, you're still somehow helping everybody. Quickly, I want all of this to be over so I can hold you. He thought as he put tiny slime hand on the cracked of her arm.

"Good night."