Chapter twenty eight

"The Demon Lord Clayman lives up to his alias, 'Marionette Master,' by controlling his subordinates' actions. I am one of them. The task he gave me was to investigate Tempest as a spy, so I used Youm to infiltrate the city. Then according to his orders, I used the great magic spell, Anti-Magic Area. Clayman took my heart from me with his secret art, Marionette Heart. Ever since then, my only means of survival has been to obey him." Myulan explained.

"I see. So he literally holds the key that determines whether you live or die. And what made Clayman want to mess with me?" Rimuru asked.

"He said this to me: "Things are about to get interesting. Though unexpected eventd led yo unforseen developments, a great war is going to btreak out." She said shocking everyone in the room.

"I thought he was referring to the Demon Lords Millim and Carrion, at first, but what he meant was that he's starting a war between Tempest and the Kingdom of Falmuth." She said.

Clayman... He controls his pawns as he wishes to avoid getting his own hands dirty. He's going to be trouble. She appears to be a wizard. In the Anti-Magic Area she's just an ordinary human. Is she a sacrificial pawn? Rimuru thought.

"Master! Please forgive Myulan!" Youm begged.

"I'm begging you, too! She couldn't defy the Demon Lord Clayman, that'll all!" Grucius begged as well, but both received a stern look from Rimuru.

"I'll put Myulan's punishment on hold for now. She'll be confined in the reception hall until then." He said.

"Understood. I will assign guards." Rigurd said.

"Why can't we just kill her and be done with it." Valley muttered earning a harsh jab from Drop. "Ow!" She yelped.

"Shut up Valley, we are in a meeting." Drop scolded.

"Master..." Youm said.

"Sorry, Youm. My head's all over the place right now, too. If you're worried, you're free to stay with her.' Rimuru said and Youm sighed in relief and soon the three were escorted out of the room.

"Is that it for your report?" Rimuru asked.

"Yes." Benimaru said.

"Then I'd like to go visit the wounded. Take me there." He said.

"Of course." Benimaru said.

Inside a room, Shuna has finished tieing up the bandage on Hakurou's wound when she heard the door click open and in walked Rimuru, Benimaru and Rigurd as well as the golems.

"How's he doing?" Rimuru asked.

"Great Rimuru! The potions aren't working. Since their wounds were caused by skills of spatial nature, my treatments don't work directly on them." Shuna said.

"I see..." Rimuru said and he walked rowards Hakurou  who opened his eyes.

"Great Rimuru...do not worry. Neither I nor this fool pupil of mine are so weak as to die from wounds such as these." Hakurou said.

"Hey, I'm not worried. Let me take a look at your wound." He said and put his hand on the wound. "Great sage." He said.

Effects of spatial technique confirmed.  Would you like to Predate this effect using Gluttony?

"Obviously, yes." He said.

Soon the two were fed the potions.

"H-Huh? I'm saved?!" Gobta said as he sprang up.

"Great Rimuru as done it again." Hakurou said and Rimuru gave s big smile.

"Thank goodness." Shuna said.