Never Home

November 2019

My dad is never home; we barely see him, not because he has work or another ordinary reason.
He is never home because the Israeli government is after him.

And they have been after him for years, next week is my birthday and for once I wish for him to be there in my birthday, not because I want a gift, in fact, the most amazing gift I would ever receive is to see him and hug him and never let go.

"Come, quick kids, your dad is on the phone he wants to speak to you all"
My mom said excitedly.
My dad rarely calls, because then the Israeli government will truck him, however he is a careful smart man so I guess it is alright this time.

I stood in line with my siblings to talk to dad, everyone missed him so much and had a lot to say to him.

My turn came at last, I picked up the phone and once I heard his voice I felt an overwhelming joy in my heart, he might be a busy man whose life is in danger, but he is truly a good father, he said he knew that my birthday was near and promised me that he will be home in the morning of my birthday.

The week passed by and I couldn't wait to see him in the morning.

But unfortunately, that morning came and I didn't find my dad.
I didn't hug him or kiss him, I didn't get the chance to tell him how much I love him.

The Israeli soldiers killed him, he was gone forever.
He won't call to assure us that he is fine.
We won't stay up late watching the door waiting for him.
We won't ask mom when he will return.
Because this time he is gone forever.
And this time he took mom with him.