Childhood Behind Bars Part 2

In 2016 Ayham Sabah a 14 years old young man planned and executed a stabbing mission in a Settlement complex in Ramallah.

He and his friends were both shot and thrown in jail without receiving decent health care.

They waited for him to be 18 years old for the trial, then after 30 trials, they charged him with 35 years in jail and a million-shekel penalty.

Two days ago on 15/January 2020
His penalty was raised from 30 years to 100 years that he's 18 now.

During an interview with a Jewish journalist he said:

"Our generation had been oppressed, they said that our generation won't fight back, and will give up on our land, but it had been proved by the recent events that our generation won't stop resisting.
Most of our generation was born during the second uprising, when we were toddlers people were fighting so it's only natural that they hand us the flag now.
And we shall carry on with the battle "

" Have you ever spoken to a Jewish person?"
Asked the journalist.

" No I haven't nor I want to, you are the first Jewish I friendly speak to”

"Are you willing to?"
Asked the journalist.
" look I won't kill a Jewish just because he's Jewish, there are many Jewish in the world like the ones in Europe, I'm willing to speak to those and have tea with them, no problem.
But the Jewish in here are the ones who took away my land"

When you woke up that morning what did you say to yourself, what happened, what was your motive?

"It isn't a matter of one reason, it’s a matter of many things, I had enough and decided that I must do something"

"That morning I woke up, as usual, I had breakfast and went to school and I even had an exam, it was a normal morning,
And I'm also a diligent student my grades were very good, my social life was good too everything was going well"

But you knew that there was a chance that you might die?

" of course, I knew that there was a big chance that I might die! "

Weren't you scared?
Listen, the fear is there, but in the zero moments, you must put everything aside, you’ve planned something, you must do it no matter what! "

You know if you asked any Israeli he would say that you're a terrorist, a killer.

" They can say whatever they want, to us we are the ones with the cause "

Don't you have any kind of regrets?
" No not at all "

Don't you regret the mission or the results of the mission, if I spoke to you 20 years from now would you say the same things?

" Even after 100 years from now, I would say the same things"

"I have no regrets "