The Art Of Resistance 2

Part 2 (Mohannad Halabi)

Mohanned was born in Sarda town north Ramallah, he was the second of 4 children.

He studied law in Abo_deice college, where he met Dea'a Talahma his dear friend and colleague, in the Jihad Islamic movement in Al_quds Abo_deice college.

Perhaps Dea'as death was the breaking point for Mohanned, as his mother described.
In the ceremony they had in Abo_deice college, Mohanned congratulated Dea'a's father for his son's martyrdom and said to him " We will avenge him inshallah"

His mother also mentioned that he was a quiet child, he loved the ocean and always wanted to go to Yafa to see the ocean.
" He died before he gets to visit Yafa and fulfill his dream"
Said his mother mourning her son's dream.
Not to mention that Yafa was his family's original city.

His family was forced out of it during the 1948 war.
His mother also said that he used to talk about Yafa all the time as if he knew it like the back of his hand, and he always told them that they will return to it.

"According to what I see, the third uprising has started, what is happening to Al_aqsa is happening to our holy places in Jerusalem, and is happening to our prophet Mohammad’s Qiblah. the hardships the women in Jerusalem faces are the hardships of our mothers and sisters, I don't think our people will accept the humiliation, our people will or already are rising!!

Those were the words of Mohanned Halabi before he rose for his mother and sister and his Jerusalem.

Mohanned Shafeeq Halabi, the martyr who wrote with his blood
The story of people's struggle under the occupation's oppression.
He blew the knifes revolution, the martyrdom of his friend Dea'a was his breaking point and flame.

On the third of October 2015, Mohanned executed his mission.
He stabbed a number of settlers
With a knife, before he managed to steal a gun from one of them.
He was able to cause several injuries to 5 settlers and two of them died in Bab_Al-Asbat.

Mohanned Martyrdom lead to the third uprising, which he predicted, but he didn't expect to be the one to lead it.
He didn't expect his mission to be the flame that will burn everyone who dares to hurt our Palestinian women.

The people's uprising, the knifes revolution or Al_aqsa uprising rose in different parts of Palestine, and Jerusalem.
More than 340 Palestinians fell as martyrs, and 30 Israeli settlers were killed too in the process.

After Mohanned martyrdom, the Israeli forces punished his family by destroying his house.
But Alhumdullah some good people built them a new one.
His father was arrested and treated badly shortly after, but he was let out later.

The resource of this chapter is Al_quds alyom.