The Art Of Resistance

Part 1 ( Dea’a Talahma)

22 /September 2015

It was late at night when the news spread about the explosion in the highway south AL Khalil city (Hebrew), and about the death of a young man.

That young man is Dea'a Talahma who became since the explosion until now a name connected to the uprising, which took place in Jerusalem 10 days after his death.
Which made him the prophecy of the uprising and its flame.

Dea made a trap for the Israeli forces, he set a wall of bricks in the way of the Israeli forces so he gets to throw his bomb at them.

Unfortunately, this time the bomb exploded while still in his hand which lead to his death.

Hours after his martyrdom the name of Dea'a had reached every Palestinian inside and outside Palestine, that young man with the charming personality and strong voice in his videos which spread worldwide, wasn't just an unknown martyr in history.

He was an example of a successful young man in his work and study, he was loved by his friends and family and everyone who knew him, the religious resistant who knew that the ways of jihad and freedom from the occupation are clear and one and it's by fighting back.

Dea’s mother pov:

Dea'a was a fun person, always making jokes and laughing, a time spent with him would certainly be a time of pure joy.

But behind this fun character, there was another strong and different person from the rest of his brothers.

Before Dea'a's martyrdom, he was a 21 years old extraordinary college student who was a part of the student union and the Islamic movement, he took part as a spokesperson at the national ceremonies.

He gave a speech at the festival that the student sorority held in 2014 in Alyarmok camp, and even after his death his speech was still popular because his words weren't just written words he read out, they were the road he took until the day of his martyrdom.

"By Allah's will on your footsteps we will fight"
Those were his words, he prepared for jihad by practicing karate, street fighting, weight lifting and Gymnastics in the nearby gym.

Dea'a was special in his life as in his death, he was a warm, kind, and a good son to his parents, yet he was silent when it comes to his political opinions.
His mother once said:
“Out of all of my children he was the kindest, On Mother's day even if he was out of town or busy with college, he would leave his college and manage to get me a gift and send me (Sett_Alhabayeb) song”

Dea'a is the fifth between 8 brothers, he finished high-school with 88% average, he then decided to study Computer Engineering, like his older brother Omer, he asked his father to allow him to study in Abo_deic college and to live in the dorms so he can learn to count on himself.

“on the day of his martyrdom, he came home from college to spend Eide holiday with us, when he arrived home his father asked him to go with him to the instruction site that he works at, after that he came back home to find me squeezing grapes to make Molasses, he greeted me with his usual smile then he changed his clothes to go to the gym”

“After 2 hours I heard the explosion, the news spread about the martyr on Alkharsa Crossroads, the one in front of our house so I immediately went up to the roof to see what was going on”

“From the beginning, I felt a tingle in my heart, but I didn't expect Dea'a to be the martyr, especially that they had announced a different person to be the martyr, still I had a bad feeling”

“Hours went by until we reached midnight, and I was still watching from the roof, my husband went with the village young men to the explosion site to see what had happened.
When they came back, one of my other sons told me that Dea'a might be the martyr, he asked me to try to calm his father down because he did not know yet”

“Half an hour later, the Israeli forces broke into our house!
so we knew for sure that Dea'a was the martyr!
One of the soldiers asked his father to take a look at the picture he took to recognize if the "terrorist" as they say was his son or not.
I was in the other room, but when I heard them I unconsciously Zaghartit (a happy voice like whistling)
To provoke the soldiers”

“When the soldiers handed us his body we said goodbye to him with honest prayers to Allah, we prayed to Allah to accept him as a Shaheed (martyr) as Dea'a always wished.
His funeral was huge, thousands of people came from the village and the other villages, his colleagues from college came like Mohannad Alhalwani who walked on his footsteps and made a heroic mission in the heart of Jerusalem days after his death, starting the uprising of Jerusalem.

The recourse of this chapter is philistine Alyom web page.
May Allah have mercy on Dea’a Talahma’s soul and may he rest in peace.

Part 2 (Mohannad Halabi)

Mohanned was born in Sarda town north Ramallah, he was the second of 4 children.

He studied law in Abo_deice college, where he met Dea'a Talahma his dear friend and colleague, in the Jihad Islamic movement in Al_quds Abo_deice college.

Perhaps Dea'as death was the breaking point for Mohanned, as his mother described.
In the ceremony they had in Abo_deice college, Mohanned congratulated Dea'a's father for his son's martyrdom and said to him " We will avenge him inshallah"

His mother also mentioned that he was a quiet child, he loved the ocean and always wanted to go to Yafa to see the ocean.
" He died before he gets to visit Yafa and fulfill his dream"
Said his mother mourning her son's dream.
Not to mention that Yafa was his family's original city.

His family was forced out of it during the 1948 war.
His mother also said that he used to talk about Yafa all the time as if he knew it like the back of his hand, and he always told them that they will return to it.

"According to what I see, the third uprising has started, what is happening to Al_aqsa is happening to our holy places in Jerusalem, and is happening to our prophet Mohammad’s Qiblah. the hardships the women in Jerusalem faces are the hardships of our mothers and sisters, I don't think our people will accept the humiliation, our people will or already are rising!!

Those were the words of Mohanned Halabi before he rose for his mother and sister and his Jerusalem.

Mohanned Shafeeq Halabi, the martyr who wrote with his blood
The story of people's struggle under the occupation's oppression.
He blew the knifes revolution, the martyrdom of his friend Dea'a was his breaking point and flame.

On the third of October 2015, Mohanned executed his mission.
He stabbed a number of settlers
With a knife, before he managed to steal a gun from one of them.
He was able to cause several injuries to 5 settlers and two of them died in Bab_Al-Asbat.

Mohanned Martyrdom lead to the third uprising, which he predicted, but he didn't expect to be the one to lead it.
He didn't expect his mission to be the flame that will burn everyone who dares to hurt our Palestinian women.

The people's uprising, the knifes revolution or Al_aqsa uprising rose in different parts of Palestine, and Jerusalem.
More than 340 Palestinians fell as martyrs, and 30 Israeli settlers were killed too in the process.

After Mohanned martyrdom, the Israeli forces punished his family by destroying his house.
But Alhumdullah some good people built them a new one.
His father was arrested and treated badly shortly after, but he was let out later.

The resource of this chapter is Al_quds alyom.