Part 1

Silence. L crouched on his soft, velvet chair, in his luxurious apartment, he waited quietly for the task force to show up. Silence. He ate a bite of cake and his fork clattered down as he finished. Silence. just the way he likes it.

He heard a knock at the door "It must be the task force" he said to himself, "No more silence..."

He tiptoed over to the door and peaked out of it. There stood the task force, all huddled around each other, and Raye Penber's successor, Y/N.

L took a good long look at each member of the task force, looking for clues or evidence, he then locked eyes with Y/N, who is said to be one of the smartest, yet most reserved detective on the team. That reminded L of himself.

"I am L" He said, after staring at Y/N for quite some time.

The task force showed their IDs and presented themselves, all except Y/N who was still staring tirelessly at this messy haired man with jet black eyes and eye bags.

"Bang!" L softly yelled, holding a pretend finger gun to the task force, "If I were Kira, you would all be dead." he turned to Y/N, "Except for you, I suppose."

He looks back at the task force ang guides them to the living room, where they set down their phones on a separate table.

Y/N looked around his apartment, it was a lot bigger then she had expected, cake crumbs and paper plates littered the floor.

They sat down at a glass table, covered in paperwork, it was clear to Y/N that L had been working tirelessly on this case.

Time passed and L goes over his notes on Kira so far, Y/N tried to focus but goy caught up staring at L's strange mannerisms, "He's very intriguing." Y/N said to herself, suddenly, a light bulb went off in Y/N's mind.

"its Light Yagami!" Y/N shouted abruptly, the room went silent, not even Matsuda made a sound. L looked across the room , putting his thumb up to his lips, he cocked his head, "what was that, detective?" He said in a monotone voice.

Y/N looked at him wide-eyed, "I think... I believe Light Yagami is Kira. All of the signs point to him, using his father's connections with the police force, he could be taking that to his advantage. I also talked to Raye Penber before he-" Y/N sighed " Before he unfortunately died. He said that he had suspicions of Light, I did my own investigation of the bus incident, Light was there with him, and some witnesses said they heard him talking to Raye."

The chief, Soichiro Yagami, the father of Light stood up and starts banging his fists on the table, L shuddered and looked up "This ridiculous!" Soichiro shouted, "My son is an intelligent young man, but he would never even think about doing such atrocities!"

Y/N and Mr. Yagami argued for a while, yelling across the room, while L took another bite of cake and sipped on his warm tea, staring daggers into Y/N's glassy eyes and thinking to himself.

"Y/N is quite direct, quite talented if i do say so myself, considering how she was described to me, maybe a bit TOO talented. She may be hiding a few things, but she passed my tests? I may have to make some more deductions to figure of if she is Kira or not. It would be a shame if she was however, she seems like she has a good soul, I see myself in Y/N."

The argument died down and L set his plate on the now shaky table.

"I have decided that I would like to see you each individually, so that I can evaluate whether any of you have a chance at being Kira" he muttered.

He signaled Y/N to Stay, the rest of the task force leave the sweet smelling room, leaving L and Y/N alone.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys!! Knives here!! This is my first fanfic lol I hope u enjoyed this chapter, and I'm so sorry if I didn't include enough periods in my sentences (they sound so serious). My grammar is ass so I apologize for that too, I'll see u in the next chapter, my little cupcakes! <3