Part 20

For 3 days, Y/N didn't leave the house, she kept the curtains closed and the doors locked, only opening them for when L came home.

She barely had anything to do, cooped up in the small apartment, so she filled up her time by making sweets. She wanted to leave because the neighbors kept playing old, somber violin records and she could hear it from the walls.

L tried to come home as early as possible to make Y/N feel better, even though it was hard since he needed to be at work so often. Y/N understood though. He was under a lot of pressure and she didn't want to add onto that.

When he came home he would ask Y/N a series of questions to make sure no one saw her or that she didn't leave the Apartment.

He took Y/N onto the roof of the penthouse to get a bit of fresh air, on the third and final day of staying inside the apartment. Just to get a break from sitting inside, baking, and working. The rain started to pour. Leaving Y/N and L soaking.

"We should leave by tomorrow." L sighed, "He has been asking about you and he 98% is looking for your name or already has it."

"But where I'll we go off to? How will we leave?"

"I was thinking we could leave by helicopter, and then we could take a boat to America. It would be tricky but we could figure it out together."

"So will we continue the case or-"

"Watari, Near, and Mello are the only one who know we are taking our deaths. As long as we keep our identies hidden we should be able to help a bit with the case. But I want to move on and start a new chapter."

He put his head down, raindrops rolled down his pale face, "I'm childish and hate to lose. But I would hate to lose you even more."

Y/N blushed, she cupped L’s cheeks with her cold hands, sending a shiver down his spine.

Suddenly, a somber classical song started to play. The music came from another room, downstairs and got louder and louder, echoing to the rainy rooftop where L and Y/N stood.

“Sorry,” Y/N started, “The neighbors keep turning on this loud music. I can’t ask them to stop since I can't leave, I hope it doesn't bother you too much.”

He put his hands around her waist, holding her close. “Do you want to dance?” he whispered.

Y/N felt his breath on her neck. "Sure. But I'm not really a dancing professional, I took a class once when I was like 10 though."

"It's fine, just follow my lead, ok?"

He swayed from side to side, Y/N leaned into him, holding his shoulder for support as the music played in the background.

She could smell his strawberry breath and he could feel her head resting on her shoulder as they gracefully moved into eachothers arms, warming each other up from the pouring rain.

The rain halted and Y/N let go of L’s warm embrace. She squeezed out her hair and her clothes.
She fixed L's wet and matted hair, squeezing the water out like she did with hers.

“Come on, Ryuzaki, let's get inside, I can make us some warm cake and hot chocolate!”
—————————————
They got back inside and L dryer himself off with a hand towel, Y/N went to go change.

"So Ryuzaku, do you still want that ca-"

L had curled up on the hard wooden floor with a wet towel in his hand, still soaking from the roof and fast asleep.

She smiled. He was so peaceful when he wasn't stressed.