Part 15

Y/Ns heart sank, L had NEVER quit a case before, I mean this one was different because he could lose his life, but since when has he ever truly cared about his life? Was it even about his life at all? 1

*Silence*

"Look, Y/N, I know you're confused-"

Y/N stood up, "I can't believe you!" she interrupted, "I put my life on the line for nothing and this is what I get?! You fire me and then you have the audacity to quit?!"

"Look Y/N, I have too much information on the case to just die, it would be selfish to continue any further."

"You know whats selfish?! Leading me on in this damn case and dropping me at the last minute, and then quitting with me for godsake! I know it's because you don't want me to get hurt, but goddammit I can fend for myself!"

"You don't understand the full situation, my successsors, Near and Mello can finish what we started."

"Oh, and you think that will make Kira forget about you?! He wants to kill you the most out of everyone!"

"But you see, that's where we do a little bit of work in that department. I've thought it over and I've decided that faking my death and going into hiding would be the best solution."

Y/Ns eyes widened, "You're insane!" she gasped, "When can you do that?! And how?!"

L pursed his lips, "when you were in the hospital, I made a plan with Mello and Near, they are the only ones who know about it, and I trust they won't fail me. The task force will have a funeral for me, not knowing I am alive and well, but since Light or Misa weren't the ones who killed me, they will be cautious of another Kira, and send them into a panic. Hopefully leading to proof or a confession."

"I just can't wrap my head around this! What would you even do while pretending to be dead! And why are you telling me?!"

"Hmm, well I was hoping you could fake your death with me and we could find somewhere new to live."

"Are you kidding me, I can't just leave behind my life to live with you! My family would be so worried!"

L cupped his hands around Y/Ns shaking fists.

"it's only for a little while, Y/N, as soon as we catch kira, we can get on with our lives."

Y/N escaped his warm grasp, "I just can't believe this. I leave the hospital and you expect me to just do whatever you say?!"

"I'm not expecting anything from you,  I just told you what I was going to do and was wondering if you wanted to join me. If you don't, it's completely fine. I'll leave your life without leaving a trace of evidence behind. I just can't let you stay in the case, especially not working next to the man who we believe is a mass murderer, and a woman who can see people's names just by looking at them."

Y/N was furious, she couldn't believe he was just giving up like that. He wasn't a coward was he? But he said he was only doing it to protect them. What if that was a lie and he just wants to get out of the case? But that's not like him at all... God, why is he so confusing sometimes?!

He stood up and put his hands on Y/Ns shoulders, "Please Y/N." he whispered, "I don't want to leave without you. Don't make me do this alone."

Suddenly, their lips crashed together, Y/N put her arms around his neck as he quickly carried her into the nearest bedroom.