Part 18

It was morning.

L rubbed the dark circles under his eyes and looked up. All he saw was a mountain of pillows and a note by his bedside.

It read:

Dear Ryuzaki,

I've thought about what you said a lot last night. I think I'm ready to run away with you. I really really like you and I hope we can stay together. I'm at the office right now, meet me there.

Yours, Y/N

P. S. Please dispose of this note once you have read it:)

L smiled and held the note to his chest before ripping it apart like Y/N had asked and hopped out of bed to go to the office.

He passed a mirror which displayed his messy hair and old white Tshirt, he stopped to look at himself for a moment.

"Damn, I look a mess." he said to himself, "Y/Ns old boyfriend was probably almost as flawless as she is, and look at me, I look like a complete and utter fool!"

He grabbed some unused hair gel from one of the cabinets and frantically slicked back his hair to the side as he ran out the front door.
————————————————
He arrived at the office to see Y/N already sitting by the computer and looking up names of people who died. She was sitting right next to Light who seemed to be staring at Y/Ns busy face with a smile.

"I see someones busy." he said, leaning over the desk.

Y/N didn't say anything.

"Ignoring me I see." L purred, he tickled under Y/Ns neck, causing her to gasp.

"You are such a child!" she laughed, tickling him back. "Now let us finish working, Light and I have some leads."

L narrowed his eyes to Light who was still staring into Y/Ns eyes, "Hmmm. Any leads you'd like to share with me? Or are you keeping little secrets from me, huh?" He teased.

"Oh calm down, Mr. Jealous. They are the leads I already went over with you earlier!" She looked up to see L's newly slicked back hair. "I see you did your hair this morning it's, uh-"

She eyed his new hair which was practically cemented onto his head, she could tell it was uncomfortable for him since he was so fidgety this morning.

"It looks kinda itchy, is it uncomfortable? Cause I can take it out if you want."

He scratched his head again. "Yeah, I would like that very much."

"Here, come with me to the bathroom then, I can get you cleaned up.

Her and L walked up the stairs and went into a small bathroom that was down the hall to the left of L's office.

L went over to the sink to get some towels and turned back to L to see that he was quickly unbuckling his belt.

"Ryuzaki! What are you doing?!"

"Oh, I thought you might have called me up here to uh-"

She chuckled and wet the towel, "You're not getting laid in the bathroom, oh great detective!" She teased, sarcastically. "Especially with that hair! Also, anyone could come in here at any moment, you know."

His cheeks turned red, "Yes, that would be rather unprofessional if Matsuda or someone came in here to see us going at it, wouldn't it?"

"I mean yeah, it would be pretty embarrassing too. Now here, let me help you with that mess of hair."

She led him to the sink where she helped to rinse out his stiff hair. She helped to pick all the excess bits of hair gel out before drying it off with a towel.

"Think of this as a thank you for the bath last night." she winked. "Now come on, we have a case to solve!"

L didn't move. "I think I might just stay in my office today."

Y/N smiled and walked out the door, "OK, come down if you need anything!"

She shut the door. L crouched on the floor, thinking. "I wonder what light thinks of Y/N. I better get her out of there soon before he figures out her real name."