Part 12

A. N- AAAAAHHH I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, maybe expect delay in updates. I've been doing some other stuff and keep getting distracted but dw! I have some cool chapters on the way! -Knives

WARNING: this next chapter contains depictions of assault.
————————————
It was Higuchi.

He stormed over to the desk where Y/N was standing, almost red with rage.

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET IN HERE?!" he bellowed, "THIS IS THE MOST HIGH TECH BUILDING IN JAPAN!"

Y/N quickly pressed the button on her phone without him noticing. "Well then I have some notes. It was quite easy to navigate for its size."

An uneasy smirk formed on his face, "And you seem quite daring for a girl your size."
——————————
A buzzer at L's office went off, Y/N was in trouble. He rushed from his seat to get the rest of the task force.

"Come on!" he yelled, dragging light by his arm, "Y/N is in trouble!"
——————————
"Whatever, I-I just stumbled in here, I meant to talk to someone else." Y/N lied.

"Really? I assumed you were here because you wanted to get a hold of my most powerful notebook." He shot back.

"Notebook?" Y/N said, playing dumb and moving backwards slowly. "I have no idea what you are going on about, I don't want your stupid journal with your secrets in it or whatever."

He moved closer to her, "Well then, it seems fate has brought you here for a reason hasn't it? I might as well take advantage of it while I'm at it."

"What are you talking ab-"

He grabbed her by the neck and pushed her around, punching and kicking her stomach. She tried to fight back but it was no use. She felt a burning tear in her arm as he twisted it to the side. He knocked her to the wall with force almost making her pass out. A trail of blood dripping from her aching head.
——————————
The task force were on their way, L insisted on calling the police as well, just for extra measures.

"Why would she do this?!" L thought. "She could be dead!"
——————————
Back at Higuchis office, Higuchi grabbed a cloth from his pocket and Put it in Y/N's mouth, she could tell this wasn't the first time he did this.

"MGHM LET ME GO! MMHGM!" Y/N struggled to say as she tried to fight him.

"Stop moving!" He yelled, slapping her covered face.

When he went to unbuckle his belt, the sturdy wooden door slammed open like it weighed practically nothing.

A group of Officers swarmed into the room, all holding guns. Higuchi put his hands in the air, backing away from Y/N.

One of them stepped forward, putting him in handcuffs. He turned to where the deathnote was.

He turned to the cop that was walking to the table, “DON'T GO THROUGH MY THINGS, I'M A RICH AND SUCCESSFUL-”

“You have the right to remain silent,” the cop handcuffing him said, “Anything you say can be used against you in court.”

The taskforce pushed through the crowd of cops and to the corner where Y/N was. L ran over to her and ungagged her bleeding mouth.

“I-I thought you were dead!” he whimpered, “Why would you put yourself in danger like that?!”

Y/N’s eyes watered, she failed. She let him down.

L looked down to notice that her legs were badly bruised and scraped. He motioned for the paramedics who were also called in.

She was carried out of the building in L’s arms, light following closely behind and scowling. She clung to him tightly as he set her down softly in the back of the ambulance.

She floated in and out of conscienceness on the ride to the hospital, only being awoken by L's voice.

"Y/N!" He shouted "It will be OK, alright? We're taking you to a hospital! Please stay with me!"

The last thing she remembered was the pressure on her chest of L hugging her tightly.

"I love you." he whispered