Part 7

When they got home, Y/N plopped onto the cake-smelling sofa along with L beside her.

"So, Ryuzaki, do you still want some ca-"

Y/N stopped to notice that L had fallen asleep in her arms, his messy hair covering his closed baggy eyes, and his arms around her waist. Y/N slowly drifted off next to him.
——————————————
The bright morning sun illuminated off of the hardwood floor and windows, and into L and Y/N's resting eyes, causing their eyes to flutter.

Y/N scratched her head, still resting on top of L, "So, uh, how long have we been asleep."

L looked up at the window, his eyes still aljusting to the brightness, "Remembering where the moon was in the sky, and looking at where the sun is now, I'd say we have been asleep for about 15 hours, give or take."

"F-Fifteen hours?!" Y/N stuttered, "We need to be getting into work! The taskforce is probably worried sick!"

L buried his head into a throw pillow, "Relax." he said in a scratchy voice, "They can handle themselves for at least a day, well maybe not Matsuda but Light can boss him around when I'm not here. I wanna stay here. With you."

Y/N was flattered, no one had ever talked to her that way, "Well, whatever you want, I guess, you're the boss. And frankly I would love to have a day at home, I'm exhausted!"

L winked, "Now lie down again with me, youre soft like this pillow I'm holding but much softer than that."

Y/N lied down with him again and let out a warm sigh, "So I assume this means you don't suspect me as Kira anymore?"

"About 5 percent less." L lied. He didn't want to remove suspicion completely, even though there was undeniable evidence that Y/N was Kira. He wanted her to stay at the apartment with him.

"You better not arrest me though." Y/N laughed, "I'll find a way to break out and haunt you!"

"It's not like the task force believe anything I say." L chuckled

Y!/N smiled and got up from the couch to go into the kitchen.

"Leaving so soon?" L started, sitting up from the couch and staring at some papers on the coffee table.

"I sort of assumed you were hungry, considering the state I found you in at the headquarters, but it's up to you if you want any."

L didn't answer, he stared at Y/N getting out the ingredients and measuring them, stirring them in a bowl so precisely and perfectly. He wanted to learn more.

" Uhh, Y/N," L said nervously, peeking from the couch, wide-eyed," How do you make a cake, exactly? I mean I've researched it but never really understood the appeal of baking them."

Y/N cracked an egg into the bowl, "Why don't you came over here so I can teach you?" she said.

"Well I mean, this is quite embarrassing to admit, but I've never made food before, Watari has always made the meals."

"Fine, I'll teach you myself." Y/N grabbed L's arm and brought him over to the kitchen.

She gave him an egg, "So, what you need to do is-" L crushed the egg with his hands, egg yolk and shells dripping from his palms. "No! No! You need to crack it in the bowl." she handed him another egg.

L cracked it with his fists again, this time putting everything into the batter; including the shells.

"Ryuzaki!" Y/N scolded, "Not the shells!" She tried to pick up all the little shells in the messy batter. L stopped her.

"I have excellent eyesight." he said, "I'm sure I can find all the little bits and pieces."

"Youre sure or you know? I don't want little bits of shells in the cake, I wanna eat this too, you know!"
——————————————
The timer from the oven went off 3 hours later after making the cake batter, which took insanely long, due to L’s inability to make a cake on his own. He got distracted many times, either playing with ingredients or just watching Y/N do all the work.

When he wasn't distracted, he was adding too much or too little of each ingredient, causing the bowl to overflow with unneeded necessities. Y/N was very patient with him, which made L confused, normally every time he made mistakes, he would get scolded or belittled.

Y/N took the steaming cake out of the oven, with gloves this time. The cake smelled of strawberries and fresh vanilla. It smelled almost as good as L. She looked into L’s dark eyes, “Wow he’s cute” she said to herself. “He is so talented and sweet too, I just wanna- I just wanna-”

L looked back into Y/Ns shiny eyes. “How can one be this amazing. It's not just the sweets anymore, I think it's- I think there’s something more about her. I don't think I’ve felt this way about anyone before, It's like there is something stirring in my stomach everytime I look at her.”

Y/N finally spoke up, “Wow. the cake looks amazing, I'm so proud of you, Ryu-”

She was cut off By L pressing his lips against hers, and his soft hands in her hair. She put her hands on his pale face, rubbing circles into his temples and leaning deeper into the kiss.

He took her hands off her face and onto her hips, directing her to the couch. Still kissing her deeply. It felt perfect.

He occasionally made sounds, "nyghh" So did Y/N, "Mhmph"

They both tasted of sweet vanilla and fresh strawberries, their tongues going everywhere into each other's mouths.

Suddenly L stopped.

Silence.