Part 11

A.N- For those of you who didn't read the lemon parts, they did ~S O M E T H I N G~ in L’s office and afterwards, Light called him to handle something. So u didnt miss that much plot lol <3
—————————————————
A couple of months had passed and Light and Misa had been put under surveillance 24/7, The apartment was bleak. Only Y/N lived there now, L was at the office 24/7, watching Light and Misa's behavior on camera.

Of course Y/N visited L often, doing investigations on her own and tracking down Kira killings from all over the nation. 

They had agreed to keep romance to a minimum, that way they could find the real Kira quicker. But it didn't stop L from snagging a kiss from Y/N every once and a while.

But Y/N couldn't help but notice L's mental state getting worse and worse each day. He was rarely ever motivated, and when he was, he was extremely irratable.

His paranoia was also getting worse, due to him finding out about the deathnote and shinigamis. He barely ever let Y/N help with cases, he didn't want her to get hurt.

L decided to handcuff himself to Light, he still had suspicions of him even after him and Misa were released. So did Y/N. They both agreed that it was OK for him to do so.

The months they stayed handcuffed were absolute hell. Misa was always by lights side, never letting them work in peace. L hated sleeping next to him too, he missed Y/N and him staying up and telling wild stories and laughing with one another.

All he could think or talk about was Y/N, which made light sufficiently annoyed and tired. L would be awake for hours on end bothering him, not knowing that Light and misa lost the memories of the deathnote.

The deathnote was passed onto Yotsuba Higuchi, who was using it to kill business rivals. Y/N felt something was off and wanted to do an investigation on him.
———————————
"Be extremely careful when doing this Y/N." L warned, "This will be extremely dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt or worse."

She kissed him on the nose, "Don't worry, Ryuzaki, I'll be OK, I know what to do if I get into any trouble."

"what exactly would that be, Y/N?" L quizzed.

Y/N smiled, "I know what to do, I just press this button on the phone you gave me."

She pointed to a red button on the side of her phone that would tell L where she was and that she was in danger.

"That's a good girl." L said, kissing her forehead.

Light rolled his eyes, "Could you two PLEASE keep the kissing stuff to a minimum? I'm still here, you know?"

"Well, you are free to go whenever you want, oh wait-" L chuckled, sarcastically, pointing to the handcuffs.

"Wish me luck, Ryuzaki." Y/N said and hurried out the door, she was determined to figure out the Kira case once and for all.

L frowned, "Please be safe." he thought.
—————————————
Y/N snuck her way into Higuchis office, it took a while since it was heavily guarded. She came across a door in the back of the meeting room.

"This must be Higuchi's private office" she thought

She knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

*silence*

She slowly opened the large door and found there was no one there. It was just a mostly empty room with a table and chair, a huge TV mounted on the wall, and a certain black notebook.

The door swung open again. Higuchi.