Part 21

Y/N went to her room to get a baggy shirt for L to wear, it wasn't like his normal white shirt he always wore. It had black and red stripes on it.

She carried him to the couch and put it on him, taking off his cold clothes so he could sleep comfortably.

She plopped down onto the couch right next to him to fall into a deep slumber. She could hear his heavy breathing and could see his eye bags clearer than ever

He looked different in a black and red shirt, she had never seen him in anything else. He started to shiver so she got out a blanket to wrap him up in. He didn't budge at all.

It was so nice to see him so calm, she wished she saw more of him in this state. She nestled in next to him, snuggling up with him and his still-damp hair and dozed off with him beside her.

The rain pittered on the windows as their breathing patterns and heartbeat matched with one another and they fell asleep in each other's damp and tired arms.
————————————
It was 1:00 in the morning. L's eyes fluttered open. It was time to leave the apartment.

He looked down at his arm to see that Y/N was still fast asleep. He got up, trying to make as little noise as possible to note wake her up.

He carried her upstairs to the roof, where a helicopter stood on a large ramp. He set Y/N down in the passenger seat and placed a soft blanket over her sleeping body.

L was actually quite skilled when it came to piloting helicopters, he would practice a lot when he had freetime between cases.

He turned the key and flew upwards, flying away from the apartment and into the horizon.

Y/Ns head turned, she cleared her throat and looked up at L flying the helicopter.

"Oh, uh, goodmorning Ryuzaki. Where are we?"

L didn't turn his head until Y/N stumbled into the passenger seat beside him.

"We're getting out of here. Watari has informed the taskforce that we are dead, that gives us a chance to leave before someone catches on."

"But were are we going then?!"

"I found a small abandoned cottage in America, it could use some fixing up but there are no signs of people for miles away. There is no chance of us ever being caught there."

"Is there any internet there?"

"I installed a router. The internet should be fine but we would rarely need it anyways."

Y/N put her head on Ls shoulder and pet his arm. "Wow, so we're gonna have to fly all the way to America in this?? Do we have enough gas??"

L nudged her aside, "You ask so many questions, Y/N, you remind me of myself when I was younger."

"Oh really? Should I take that as a compliment?"

"Take it how you will, no matter what you'll always be my Y/N."

Y/N smiled from ear to ear, "And you'll always be my Ryuzaki." She gave him a kiss on the forehead, he blushed and turned away.

They sat in the helicopter for 3 whole days, they didnt get bored though, they had each other. L and Y/N would take turns sharing stories about old cases and themselves.

Or Y/N would stare into L's dark eyes until he noticed. He wanted to do the same, but of course he had to keep an eye on the helicopter, making sure it wouldn't crash.

Sometimes Y/N would take over the pilot seat when L was close to falling asleep. He was reluctant at first but finally gave in to letting Y/N fly the helicopter, while he took a much needed nap.

The rain pittered on the windows as their breathing patterns and heartbeat matched with one another and they fell asleep in each other's damp and tired arms.