17

~~Time skip~~

"NARUTO UZUMAKI! WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Uh... working?"

I slammed my hands on his desk. "It is Boruto's birthday! Take your ass home now!"

Naruto sighed. "I'd love to be home with him, but there's so much to do, as you can see."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm here now, so you won't be missing any more important family events! Sasuke and I can knock out this work while you celebrate with Boruto. Anything important we'll put to the side."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Don't care. Go or I will kick you in the face."

Naruto chuckled. "Alright. Thank you, (n/n)."

I smiled at him and hugged him. "Hinata told me all about you missing birthdays and anniversaries. I will use violence next time it happens."

Naruto laughed. "Right, Right. I'll get going now."

"Wait! There's a new videogame that Boruto wanted."

"Do you know the name of it?"

I paused for a moment. "Uh, I don't. But it came out today!"

"Right!" Naruto said before he left the room.

~~~~~~

After working for a few minutes, Sasuke finally came. "Working hard I see."

I sighed. "This is so much reading. My eyes are about to run away."

Sasuke chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

Sasuke sighed and sat on the couch. I paused and looked over at him. "What's the matter, Sasuke?"

"I've been thinking about leaving the village again."

"What?!"

"I just," Sasuke sighed. "I'm a traitor to the leaf and most of the village still hasn't forgiven me. I want our child to have a happy life without me holding them back." I slowly stood up from my chair and sat on the couch next to Sasuke.

"Sasuke," I said softly. "Where is all this coming from? I thought you wanted to stay here with me and your children?"

"I told you-"

I rolled my eyes. "Sasuke, nothing bad will happen with you staying here. I understand if you need to leave to protect the village but," I paused. "No offense, but I don't want our kid to grow up the way Sarada did. I want them to stay in a functional, loving family home with their mother and father." I sighed. "And I don't want you to leave. I love you."

"____," Sasuke muttered. "I don't want to be a burden and I don't want your lives to be affected because of my past crimes. I don't deserve this happiness."

"Yes you do, Sasuke. If you didn't deserve it then you wouldn't have it. You shouldn't distance yourself from us."

Sasuke sighed. "Alright," He muttered before he put his hand on my large, round stomach.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Now, let's knock out this work so we can get food!"

Sasuke chuckled. "Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, I was wide awake. I wasn't sure why usually I'm asleep as soon as Sasuke wraps his arms around me. For some reason, I just couldn't fall asleep.

After a few hours, I felt Sasuke shift, and eventually get out of bed. There was a lot of shuffling, then he left the room. I sat up, as fast as my stomach would allow me, and slowly followed him. Once I got outside, I saw Sasuke heading towards the entrance of the village.

"Sasuke!"

He froze. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, I let out a small exhale and put my hand on my stomach. "So, you're just going to leave me again?"

"I'm sorry," Sasuke said. Tears welled up in my eyes, I'm not sure if it was from the pain in my stomach, or the fact that Sasuke was leaving, once again. "I have to leave."

"You don't," I croaked out. "Please, Sasuke. We're supposed to get married and be a happy, functional family. It's all I've ever wanted with you." Liquid trickled down my thigh and I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, and when I opened them, Sasuke was gone.

"Fuck," I muttered as tears flowed freely down my eyes. "It'll be okay," I said to soothe myself as I held my stomach and waddled to the hospital. "He'll come back."