28

I walked into my old home, and looked around. The few things I had left behind was boxed up near the door.

"It's all yours," I said with a smile. "I think it'll be a good place for you. On the outskirts of the village, so there aren't many people around."

Shinori nodded. I tossed the key at him and he caught it. "Thank you, ___."

"Of course. I'm glad to see that you're doing better."

He nodded and sat down on the couch. "I've never had my own house before. It's," he paused. "Nice."

"It is," I agreed. Sasuke walked inside and picked up the few boxes with his one arm. "We should be going soon."

"You can go," I said. "Check on our babysitters. I'll be home soon."

"I'll wait," Sasuke said.

I smiled. "Alright, if that's what you want."

"I see he doesn't want you alone with me," Shinori said.

"Can you blame him?" I said. "I'm not even sure that I fully forgive you, and I know Sasuke never will."

"Fair enough," he muttered with a sigh. "Alright, thank you, but I'm gonna take a nap."

I nodded. "Alright, see you later." I waved at him before I left the house with Sasuke.

.....

Shinori walked up to your old room and smiled. He had his own space. No guards. No bars. Just... freedom. Of course there were restrictions, but over all, he was free.

He opened one of the drawers and pulled out the only thing inside.

A pair of plain black panties.

He pulled it up to his nose and took a deep inhale, then he sighed and stuffed it back into the drawer.

Okay, yeah, he's better, but he's not completely different. He loves you, with all his heart. He still thinks about you constantly, but he knows the limits. No gifts, random visits, hell he can't even watch you, as he did before. So, besides your weird friendship, this all he has. It's the closest he'll ever get to that part of you, and he's okay with that because this still has your scent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We could hear the twins screaming as we walked into the house.

"____!" Sarada exclaimed.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't understand what's wrong. They've been changed and fed. I tried to put them down for a nap, but they won't stop."

I smiled. "Thank you, Sarada." I lifted Sakumo from his crib and sighed. "Alright, stink. What's the matter?" Once he realized it was me holding him, he stopped crying and grabbed my hair. Once he settled down, Mikoto started to relax, and she reached for Sasuke.

"Awh, did you two just miss us?" I said with a smile.

"Seems like it," Sasuke said as he lifted Mikoto. "You did a good job with them," I said to Sarada.

She smiled. "Thanks, but their screaming did make me panic." She flopped onto the couch.

"Are you hungry? I'll make some lunch."

"Onigiri?" Sasuke said.

"If you make it, you can have whatever you want." I kissed his cheek. "But, I'm making sandwiches because that's quick and easy."

Sasuke shook his head. "I'll make lunch then. You just relax." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I smiled. "Alright, don't burn the house down."

"I know how to cook," he grumbled before setting Mikoto down and going into the kitchen.

"I didn't know he cooks," Sarada said.

"Yeah. Not as good as me, but he's pretty good at it."

"I've never had his cooking before," Sarada said.

"It's rare that he cooks." I sat on the couch and sat Sakumo on his playmat.

"So, ____, what was your first date with my dad like?"

"Our first date? Shouldn't you know from your little time traveling?"

She shook her head. "We didn't see that."

"Ah, well, Sasuke fucking snuck out of the hospital, so he could take me on a date before we went to train for the final part of the chunin exams."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It was," I paused. "Nice. We didn't really go on many dates besides that because he left to train with Orochimaru."

"Why didn't you go with him? Did he not want you to?"

"He did, but Orochimaru and I have beef, and back then, I was," I paused. "Angry- angrier, so I didn't go."

"What was the war like?"

"It was shitty," I said simply. "Really really shitty. Though, I did get to meet Naruto's dad, which was cool."

"Really?! Who is his dad?"

"The fourth hokage."

"Woah! That's so cool!"

"Yup."

"What about my grandfather?"

"I don't know," I said honestly. "I never met him. From what Sasuke's told me, he was pretty strict, but loved his kids nonetheless."

"Kids? As in," she paused. "Itachi?"

I nodded. "Itachi is- was your uncle. He died a long time ago, though."

"How did he die?"

I paused. "Uh, maybe you should talk to Sasuke about that."

"You know he won't tell me."

'I can't just tell her that Sasuke killed his brother,' I thought with a sigh. "Itachi... his past killed him."

"How does someone's past kill them?"

"He did some pretty shit things, for a good reason in my opinion, but it was still pretty shitty. So, yeah, his past killed him."

"That's so vague."

"If you want details, ask Sasuke."

Sarada sighed. "Well, what about your family?"

"All dead. I thought we talked about this?"

"Yeah, but what happened to them?"

"Uh," I paused. "Long story short, there were... disagreements within my clan, which caused a civil war. Then, someone killed everyone except me."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It was over 20 years ago, don't sweat it."

"I can't imagine what I would do if all of my family was killed," Sarada said.

"Well, luckily for you, that'll never ever happen."

"Lunch is ready!" Sasuke said from the kitchen.

"Oh, hell yes." 

Hi. It's been a while.