Chapter 22

"So this is the past?" Sarada said.

"Everything looks," Boruto paused. "Old."

"Well, it is the past," Mitsuki said.

"There's like nothing around," Boruto said. "No trains, nothing."

"Look! There are only four Hokage stone heads," Sarada said. "What year is it?"

Boruto shrugged. "C'mon, we only have a few hours," he said as he held up his camera.

(this part will reference a flashback from chapter 16 of "My Purpose".)

After a few minutes of looking, they finally found you. You were walking with Sasuke. Team 7 could practically feel the awkward tension between you two.

"What are they doing?" Boruto whispered.

"It would see that they are walking together," Mitsuki said.

"Uh, hey," you said awkwardly.

Sasuke looked at you for a moment, before looking away, a small blush dusted his cheeks. "Wanna... eat lunch with me tomorrow?" He muttered.

Boruto pulls out his camera.

"Sure," you said with a smile. "You could've just asked me earlier."

"Hn," Sasuke muttered.

Boruto snapped the picture and chuckled. "Who knew your dad was so shy around ____," Boruto teased.

"Shut up," She said.

"We have some time. Let's follow them," Mitsuki said.

"Or, we could talk to them!" Boruto exclaimed.

"No," Sarada said. "We shouldn't interfere with the past-"

"I don't think this will cause too much hard," Mitsuki said. "We'd get to know ____. It could help with our scrapbook."

"Yeah!" Boruto said before he jumped out of the bush and ran over to you.

"Hey, wait!" Sarada said. "You shouldn't-"

"Hey! Excuse me!" Boruto exclaimed. You and Sasuke paused and looked at him.

"What?" You said.

Boruto smiled. "I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. I'm uh," he paused. "Making a video on this village!"

"Uh, sure?" you said. "Though, I think you'd be better off talking to someone else. I'm not from here."

"You're not?"

"Nah," you said.

"Uh, I don't mind. So, how old are you?"

"Ten," she said. "Uh, are they helping you?" You pointed at Sarada and Mitsuki.

"Yeah! They were too shy to walk up to you, though. Anyways, are you in the academy?"

You nodded.

"Do you have any friends?"

"Yes! His name is Naruto Uzumaki, and he's my best friend!"

Boruto nodded. "Finally, what are your goals for the future?"

"Uh," you paused. "To become the strongest shinobi ever!"

"Really?" Boruto said.

"Yep! Is that all you wanna know? I should go start dinner."

"Okay, thank you!" Boruto said. "We should get going too!"

~~~~~~~~~~'

Shinori sighed and leaned against the wall of his cell. "You talked to her?"

"I told you it was a bad idea," Sarada said.

"Can't you just, I dunno, erase her memories or something?" Boruto said.

"Only ____ has that power," he said. "But, seeing as that conversation caused no real damage to the future, I don't see the harm. Just don't do anything stupid. No fighting, no talking, nothing! Just take pictures."

"Right," Sarada said.

"We'll do better tomorrow, you know!"