Chapter 5 - Three Months

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"Arghh" A loud groan escapes my mouth as I slowly try to open my eye lids. Thank fuck, the curtains of my room are closed. I never liked brightness. I feel my arm wrapped around something.

My head throbs in an excruciating ache. I try to pull my right arm something prevents me to do so. Abruptly, I flicker my eyes open and run my hand through my hair, gripping it. My head is turned to my left as I lay on my back. 

Starting from my left, I turn my head straight and tilt to look down only to see the whole room messed up as if an animal has been freed here. 'What the fuck happened last night?'

I turn my head to my right and see long brown hair scattered all over the pillow that we are, apparently, sharing. Her back faces me as she lies on her side and my hand is wrapped around her waist.

'I brought a girl home last night?'

Why can't I remember anything? My brain storms as I try to recall what happened last night? My mind flashes back to yesterday-

-(Flashback to the day before)-

"I must say, mate, that was one hell of a show," Charlie, my redhead best mate, exclaims through the phone as what happened in the library lingers in my mind. I can't believe someone dared to talk back to me. I warned her but she still did not lose it.

"If she were a man, she'd be six feet under ground, fucking hell," I let out a frustration sigh. Believe me, she is different. Her feistiness somewhat turned me on. What I conclude from our interaction is that she is someone who doesn't break easily.

"X? X!!? Can you hear me?... Mate, woah, you are thinking about her, aren't you?" I can see him smirking right now. To be fair though I am.

"Just shut up! She needs to be put in her place," I growl out as her Canadian accented words come flashing in my mind. By the accent, I could tell she is from Canada. But I have never seen her around campus.

"I have never seen her on campus," I utter.

"She joined almost three months ago, I think," Charlie informs. Right, how would I know when I have not been on campus for the last three months. A lot happened  before three months. I had a lot to take care of.

"Well, Madalyne is feisty as well as attracti-," I cut him off.

"Who? Her name is Madalyne, you say? How do you know?" I ask out of curiosity. Right now, I'm sitting in my study room and going through emails.

"We are in literature class together. Although, I doubt she ever noticed me," I can hear the sadness in his tone. Why would she notice that joker?

"Get me in literature," I blurt out without thinking. Now why have I done that?

"Woah- okay.... Wow," Charlie stutters as he sounds surprised.